Shellac removal - something's changed?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL I've found the opposite to all you, my pure acetone is OK but I find nourishing remover much quicker! That's weird isn't it.

Karaxxx

LOL I've found the opposite to all you, my pure acetone is OK but I find nourishing remover much quicker! That's weird isn't it.

Karaxxx

I have to agree with you, but only on some colors. I find the deeper/darker pigmented on some of the colors, the more it turns to a slush on the nail plate.

Nooooooooo.

I said this a month or so ago. .I got told it was my application! Maybe it isn't. I can get it down to 10 mins now but with assistance.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Meira, in the US we don't have D-Solve. We've been using pure Acetone to remove all of our non-traditional polishes until CND's Nourishing Nail Remover came out.

I've simply switched back to pure Acetone and am incorporating Solar Oil in the soaking off process for additional hydration. Works wonders.

Are you adding the solar oil to the bottle of acetone and shaking? Or are you applying solar oil to the nail before putting on the acetone and foil wrap?

Are you adding the solar oil to the bottle of acetone and shaking? Or are you applying solar oil to the nail before putting on the acetone and foil wrap?

I'm applying solar oil to the skin/eponychium around the nail plate then I apply the acetone and foil wrap.

I've never really got on with the nourishing remover and have gone back to bog standard acetone from Ellisons. Like Tammie I put some Solar Oil around the nails to lessen the "oh my god, what's happened to my skin" effect.
:)

Like Tammie I put some Solar Oil around the nails to lessen the "oh my god, what's happened to my skin" effect.
:)

Even though WE know it's a temporary dehydration, clients do freak out, don't they? LOL

I've found, too, that by adding the Solar Oil with the acetone soak, my manicures are easier because the cuticle is softer than it would be without it.

Last edited:
I find the nourishing remover a bit sticky and messy too. When in a pump dispenser it seems to get everywhere but not with D-solve. Strange. But yes, think I'm going to switch back to D-solve and use solar oil at soaking off stage and see how that does again

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Wow-zers! I can't believe how many are struggling like me?

I have used D-Solve but appeared to still have the same problem, although I didn't leave it 10mins, I forgot and did 8.5 mins!

I shall try again and just use my nourishing remover for Vinylux removing x

Phew, I haven't found removal to be as easy as it used to be and I too thought that perhaps I was somehow now applying it incorrectly....as if my technique had just changed over night!

I will use up the rest of the NR and buy a bottle of Dsolve and se what I think of the difference. I do hate the drying effect the Dsolve has though!

Omg I literally thought this was just me and that I had started getting impatient and that 10 mins hadnt been 10 mins. Even found mysekf adding more acetone to the wraps to, at my hardest, avoid having to file or scrape remaining shellac off.
I use pure acetone, not cnd removers so it cant be that...must be the polishes??? Weird! Xxx

Maybe Cnd are sneakily changing the polishes ready for their LED lamp coming out, that way by this time next yr everyone should have new formula polishes and they can say its already LED curable and nothings changed x

They're bringing out an LED lamp? I only just bought my new UV one!!! Ahhh maaaan! Lol xx

I find it hard too and I found it takes longer with nourishing remover. Clients are making an absolute mess of their nails doing it at home, so I talk them out of shellac now and do far more opi.

Wonder why it seems to be harder?

I'm finding it really annoying now it's like the base coat won't budge since using nourishing remover... Can you still get dsperse??

I use a bottle with 50/50 of NR and D Solve. NR alone takes far too long x

I meant to say d solve!!! I have acetone could i add some to NR??

Could do with someone in the know to confirm what's going on!

Could do with someone in the know to confirm what's going on!

Absolutely hate removals. The residue from the basecoat is awful. It just wont come of properly. I apply thinly. Use plastic back pads to scrub with remover and still dont think it all comes off! Takes me ages. Oh and I use heat too.
Removed a friends Biosculpture and wow it just came off in large rubberly pieces with nothing left on the nail at all. Why is it such a nightmare???

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh my gosh ladies, I've been saying this since opening up again last August!!! I was to believe it was my application and not putting the removal pads on properly!!!

I love Shellac but I hate removing it!

Latest posts

Back