Shellac removal, still see traces of basecoat afterwards?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always give the nails a quick rub at the end of the service with a wipe with acetone on it and it takes away any little bits of Shellac that's left on the nail... the nail is completely clean of shellac at this stage.

Perhaps the wipes you have are just too thin and the acetone is evaporating as it's not thick enough.
I'm using Standard cosmetic cotton pads, thicker than CND wraps I think.

Try some of the CND wraps and you'll see a big difference... most of the Shellac should come clean off and you should only need to flake away a little bit and no need to buff the nails at all.
I have the remover wraps, but I find them fiddly, and expensive. I couldn't afford the extra £2.50 (cheapest price based on bulk buying the wraps) per removal service.

To be really honest, I think when I've had some slight residue of base, and I'm re-shellacing, I've just painted over it:o
I think it's been ok!? i.e. smooth finish. Anyone else?
Lol, I have done this actualy, just so I don't have to buff them, but I wasn't sure if leaving half dissolved product on the nail plate would affect the next application?

I haven't been able to get any D-Solve at the moment, I assume any acetone is ok to use for removal? I will get the D-solve when I can so that I'm using the system in it's entirety but I want to take mine off and do a new colour this week and won't be doing another order for a little while xx

I always give the nails a quick rub at the end of the service with a wipe with acetone on it and it takes away any little bits of Shellac that's left on the nail... the nail is completely clean of shellac at this stage.

I do the same thing, An*Gel. This usually gets rid of any base or color residue that may be left behind.

Latest posts

Back