Shellac removal - x5 already gone

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becky_simon

Reaction score
Hi there

How would everyone else handle this?

I did a new client 2 weeks ago a French Shellac

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/204142-shellac-index-fingers-coming-away-just-over-week.html

Im re-shellacking her tonight, and she has informed me that she has x5 left. x2 thumbs, x2 little fingers and 1 ring finger.

Would you charge full price for the removal or give her a discount? I charge a price for the Shellac application and a separate price for the removal, whether its for Shellac or Re-Shellac.

I have never been in a situation where I am only removing half the amount of Shellac!

I would charge full removal, it'll take around the same time.

Are you only reapplying 5 nails? or taking off the remaining 5 and redoing all 10??

i personally dont charge for shellac removal if they are getting reshellaced but if thats how its placed on your price list then if you are confident its not your application then yes by all means charge her what you normally would.

Id be tempted not to charge her for removal on this occasion but make sure you re-iterate the importance of aftercare and not using her nails to build wardrobes etc!! ALso point out that your not charging her for removal tonight but from now on it will be extra.

hope that helps xxx

Are you only reapplying 5 nails? or taking off the remaining 5 and redoing all 10??

i personally dont charge for shellac removal if they are getting reshellaced but if thats how its placed on your price list then if you are confident its not your application then yes by all means charge her what you normally would.

Id be tempted not to charge her for removal on this occasion but make sure you re-iterate the importance of aftercare and not using her nails to build wardrobes etc!! ALso point out that your not charging her for removal tonight but from now on it will be extra.

hope that helps xxx

Well as she is a new client I would like her to feel looked after, so I don't want her thinking 'oh great, its come off and im still paying full wack' but at the same time she has been doing rather strenuous tasks with them.

I don't think it is my application as Iv'e done French Shellac on other clients no problem, one of which lasted over 4 weeks!

I think to show good customer relations I won't charge her this time, will will re-illiterate the importance of looking after her Shellac Manicure and next time I will charge.

Thanks for your input

Hi there

How would everyone else handle this?

I did a new client 2 weeks ago a French Shellac

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/204142-shellac-index-fingers-coming-away-just-over-week.html

Im re-shellacking her tonight, and she has informed me that she has x5 left. x2 thumbs, x2 little fingers and 1 ring finger.

Would you charge full price for the removal or give her a discount? I charge a price for the Shellac application and a separate price for the removal, whether its for Shellac or Re-Shellac.

I have never been in a situation where I am only removing half the amount of Shellac!

Shellac is a two week manicure, its been on for two weeks, it would look odd if you just re-shellac'd the missing nails and not the other ones. There will be a a growth line and what is she doing when the first remaining fingers are due, only have those done???? So it would be half price every week LOL, as she is only ever having 5 done at any one time.

I would investigate as to why 5 came off and 5 stayed perfectly ok. Maybe as a goodwill offer I would not charge for the removal this time, but devinitely charge for the application non all 10 fingers LOL xxxx

No matter what brand I use they always last at least 3weeks,given they are only really guaranteed for 2weeks there will be a regrowth line so just say I'll give you a small discount (if it's a good client you want to keep & don't think she's taking advantage of you) but they do only last perfect for 2weeks for some clients!

I never charge for removal if there having them re gelished, I charge £5 if not (which is never the case as they always have them re done) I don't know anywhere local that does either, maybe it's dependant on what you charging your client for the treatment in the first place?

I'd charge her for half a removal. So if normally £5, I'd charge £2.50. Because if you do it for free, she may deliberate pick some off another time so she doesn't have to pay!

The only thing I would be cautious of us the fact you don't know all of the product is completely off ie base coat, so I would wait until you see them and then decide if you new to remove from all nails regardless of the fact they may look like there is no remaining product to the naked eye.

I have had this from personal experience, girl picked off all 10 fingers of Shellac as she though it would help me out and Be quicker to reapply (sigh), anyway I applied French but had service breakdown within the first few days, the only reason was due to perhaps remaining base coat not being soaked off. I was very new to Shellac then and hadn't done the course. After correct removal she has had no problems since.

Shellac is a two week manicure, its been on for two weeks, it would look odd if you just re-shellac'd the missing nails and not the other ones. There will be a a growth line and what is she doing when the first remaining fingers are due, only have those done???? So it would be half price every week LOL, as she is only ever having 5 done at any one time.

I would investigate as to why 5 came off and 5 stayed perfectly ok. Maybe as a goodwill offer I would not charge for the removal this time, but devinitely charge for the application non all 10 fingers LOL xxxx

Im sorry I don't think my post has maybe come across very clear.

When I said I have never been in a situation of only removing 5 nails instead of 10, I mean I was re-Shellacking them all as her 2 weeks was up but Iv never been in a situation where Im only removing half because 5 of them have already come off. Hence the query of the price.

As it turned out because I know her (she is a friend thats just started using me) and its her first time with me, I want to show good customer relations so I did her removal for free, charged normal full price for the re-shellac and advised her if this happens again through her own lack of care then she will have to pay the full removal fee. She was happy with that and says she is going to try her best to look after them better.

In my area £20-25 is the going price for Shellac, so I charge £20 for the application and £5 on removal...so far clients are happy with this

I charge £25 for basic Shellac, inc removal. I say this price includes a 'free' removal. So that even if they don't want to be reshellaced they can come in and get it professionally removed, not causing any damage to their natural nails and giving Shellac a bad name, also whilst they are having it removed they may well be more tempted to be reshellaced after seeing all my beautiful colours!

I just think that £5 for removal is really cheap anyway as it costs us time and money to remove. Also £20 is cheap to shellac in the first place as the product is so expensive.
I charge the same as you have to be competitive and if clients aren't educated about shellac, they won't understand that they are getting fantastic value for money anyway.
There are times when I'd do a free repair or removal if its a really good client or the persons lovely but if they're looking like they may be more trouble than they're worth and can't understand your shellac is great value for money then you need to charge.

Im sorry I don't think my post has maybe come across very clear.

When I said I have never been in a situation of only removing 5 nails instead of 10, I mean I was re-Shellacking them all as her 2 weeks was up but Iv never been in a situation where Im only removing half because 5 of them have already come off. Hence the query of the price.

As it turned out because I know her (she is a friend thats just started using me) and its her first time with me, I want to show good customer relations so I did her removal for free, charged normal full price for the re-shellac and advised her if this happens again through her own lack of care then she will have to pay the full removal fee. She was happy with that and says she is going to try her best to look after them better.

In my area £20-25 is the going price for Shellac, so I charge £20 for the application and £5 on removal...so far clients are happy with this

My apologies sweetie, I need to read properly. Should have gone to SpecSavers xxxx

Latest posts

Back