Shellac rings - jewellery!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm trying to join too and can't find you. That was on phone so going to have a look from iPad.
So disappointed today, thought my parcel arrived but it was just the glue!! X

This happened to me too with the glue!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hiyas if you've sent a request on fb and not been accepted can you pm me your name etc... That way can match up and get your in :)

Does anyone else think an fb group would be good for this thread? I'm just thinking, because it's a public site and as it's clearly a popular topic, we may be best off not giving away all our secrets re making them...or am I being daft (which is highly likely).

I'll start one up, if anyone wants to join, I'm Jo Furnues xx

Sent from my BatPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Ooh hope you don't stop this thread altogether ...I love looking at everyone's designs to get inspiration.....and I don't do the fb thing.....so don't want to miss out on all of your creativity ....I understand that you want things like this to be exclusive but I know with some of the clients/ friends I have ....as soon as I start making these they will ask how they are made and start making themselves anyway .....it doesn't take long for craze inspired things to catch on....just my thinking

Ooh hope you don't stop this thread altogether ...I love looking at everyone's designs to get inspiration.....and I don't do the fb thing.....so don't want to miss out on all of your creativity ....I understand that you want things like this to be exclusive but I know with some of the clients/ friends I have ....as soon as I start making these they will ask how they are made and start making themselves anyway .....it doesn't take long for craze inspired things to catch on....just my thinking

Oh gosh no, it won't go anywhere I'm sure :) I'll still post here, but I'd like to keep some things separate xx

Oh gosh no, it won't go anywhere I'm sure :) I'll still post here, but I'd like to keep some things separate xx

Fab thankyou x

Found the group! My name is Trudy Leebetter! 😀
And some more I made.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384978444.168423.jpg

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

how do i subscribe yo this thread?

how do i subscribe yo this thread?

Now you've commented you'll be subscribed ;) but in future if you're on app click more (depending what phone you have) then subscribe. Or on pc I believe it's top right corner (I haven't used sg on pc in donkeys...) xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

This thread inspirated me very much, thank you - I bought Cabochons and rings and started yesterday evening. The results were fantastic but half an hour after fixing the stone with glue the shellac solved or in other words it became so soft that i could remove the stone easily from the ring and remove also easily the shellac in one layer from the cabouchon.

Naturally it had been the wrong glue, I know. What glue do you use? I read here in the thread only once a time about the glue - the name was E6000 and I have already ordered yet by Amazon because here in Germany it is not available in our shops.

Do you all use E6000 or are there also other products who are working for this method?

Sorry for the mistakes and greetings from Germany

Barbara

Loving my round cabochons and settings. Really good quality and thirty 18mm cabochons and ring settings with delivery costing £13.50 I'm really pleased. They expand well and can be pushed back again.

Attachments

• 1385035376024.jpg
    1385035376024.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 556
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1385036209.474036.jpg mine all ready for a Christmas fair tonight =) x

View attachment 48505 mine all ready for a Christmas fair tonight =) x

They look fantastic displayed that way. Ive just ordered a black velvet display case from ebay to put mine in & cheap little ring boxes. I no it sounds daft but i dont want to sell any i want to keep them all!
Ive kept all mine plain but my next lot to make (slightly bigger size 25x13) i will try some art. Has anyone tried foil?

Attachments

• 1385042193601.jpg
    1385042193601.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 493
They look fantastic displayed that way. Ive just ordered a black velvet display case from ebay to put mine in & cheap little ring boxes. I no it sounds daft but i dont want to sell any i want to keep them all!
Ive kept all mine plain but my next lot to make (slightly bigger size 25x13) i will try some art. Has anyone tried foil?

These are lovely! Could you please tell me where you got your ring settings from please? :)

Do you mind telling me where you got cheap ring boxes ? I can only find some for £0.99 each. I'm going to have a go with foil in a minute so i'll let you know how it goes x

This thread inspirated me very much, thank you - I bought Cabochons and rings and started yesterday evening. The results were fantastic but half an hour after fixing the stone with glue the shellac solved or in other words it became so soft that i could remove the stone easily from the ring and remove also easily the shellac in one layer from the cabouchon.

Naturally it had been the wrong glue, I know. What glue do you use? I read here in the thread only once a time about the glue - the name was E6000 and I have already ordered yet by Amazon because here in Germany it is not available in our shops.

Do you all use E6000 or are there also other products who are working for this method?

Sorry for the mistakes and greetings from Germany

Barbara

E6000 is what I use, you can get it on ebay, you need to leave it to set over night though or they don't stick properly. I don't use Shellac I use Gelish and haven't had a problem but most people on here are using Shellac with no issues at all so it was probably your glue, hth :biggrin: x

These are lovely! Could you please tell me where you got your ring settings from please? :)

I tried with foil and it didn't work :( x

They are gorgeous! How did you do the green one with the love heart? Xx

Sent from my HTC One X using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks! It's a water decal, I did base coat then the water decal then the green =) xx

Latest posts

Back