Shellac rings - jewellery!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished desk..£9.99 paint, £6.99 wallpaper, £7.50 glass domes, shellac base, glitter and shellac top coat. Beats £1000 for a quilted desk 😍
.View attachment 57171

Possibly a really daft question but is the quilt effect a wall paper that you have stuck cabochons on to or is it proper material that you've made quilted using cabochons?

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Finished desk..£9.99 paint, £6.99 wallpaper, £7.50 glass domes, shellac base, glitter and shellac top coat. Beats £1000 for a quilted desk 😍
.View attachment 57171

That looks amazing, so is the front wallpaper? As it looks like fabric x

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

CND Purple Purple shellac, holo purple (blue pink undertones) foil. The pics are of the same mani, just in different lights to show the fab colours.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1393182021.977624.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1393182021.977624.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 331
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1393182242.549247.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1393182242.549247.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 318
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1393182276.483024.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1393182276.483024.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 324
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1393182403.077409.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1393182403.077409.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 348
Last edited:
.View attachment 57171

So did you embed the glitter into the base coat then apply top coat?

Cheap wallpaper from B&M and glitter in the shellac base coat then topped off and stuck on with nail glue 😜

This is great, going to give it a try soon! Thanks xx

Sorry Lady Murasaki, my pc lost all my piccies but I still had a few on my phone. These were all done with Vinylux; either free hand (owl), stamping & or glitter.

Karaxxx

Do u have the link to the ring for these, love the arms and bezel effect. What size cabachon is it?

Do u have the link to the ring for these, love the arms and bezel effect. What size cabachon is it?

Sorry to pester but I would love a reply to this please before I purchase an alternative :biggrin:

This is my latest attempt.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1393875714.412600.jpg

Hi ladies

I have made myself a few rings and im very pleased with them.

Iv'e tried looking for information on the item where I bought it from, but I can't find what im looking for.

Iv bought 8mm pad ring blanks and although they are fine (they fit me - but I have slender fingers) I could do with ring blanks that are bigger in general before having to expand them out. If I went for the 10mm+ pads, obviously the size of cabachon can increase now the pads bigger, but does that mean the ring itself is that much bigger?

Thanks Ladies

Hi ladies

I have made myself a few rings and im very pleased with them.

Iv'e tried looking for information on the item where I bought it from, but I can't find what im looking for.

Iv bought 8mm pad ring blanks and although they are fine (they fit me - but I have slender fingers) I could do with ring blanks that are bigger in general before having to expand them out. If I went for the 10mm+ pads, obviously the size of cabachon can increase now the pads bigger, but does that mean the ring itself is that much bigger?

Thanks Ladies

I have only bought adjustable blanks, but I haven't noted the pads having any relevance to the size of the rings. The fillagree style may work as although they are adjustable they look a bit tidier (if that makes sense).

CND Purple Purple shellac, holo purple (blue pink undertones) foil. The pics are of the same mani, just in different lights to show the fab colours.

Did you put the foils on top of the Cabachon? As I tried this but putting the foil on the back and obviously when I turned it over, it was just showing the backing paper!

Get your Cabochon and glue the underside with foil glue, then cure in your UV lamp for two minutes. Cut a piece of foil slightly larger than the Cab, then place your foil onto the cured glue and press it into place with the patterned side to the glue (which will be the bottom of the cab, so when you turn it over to look at it as if it were a ring you will see the foil pattern). Once your glue is dry carefully cut the excess foil off. Topcoat with a UV polish or BL Smoothing over the underside to protect the foil from your glue when you attach the ring blank. Take the topcoat slightly onto the glass so it overlaps the foil.

Oooo thats just answered my question... so obvious as well, dont know why I didn't think if that!:lol:

They look fantastic displayed that way. Ive just ordered a black velvet display case from ebay to put mine in & cheap little ring boxes. I no it sounds daft but i dont want to sell any i want to keep them all!
Ive kept all mine plain but my next lot to make (slightly bigger size 25x13) i will try some art. Has anyone tried foil?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Love your ring settings, can you post a link please? Ive searched the thread a million times and can't find what im looking for!

CND Shellac Sage Scarf, Zillionaire and Sizzling Sand (the ring is the same) and Mint Convertible and Silver VIP.
I love Sizzling Sand so much.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394566406.543494.jpg

Did you put the foils on top of the Cabachon? As I tried this but putting the foil on the back and obviously when I turned it over, it was just showing the backing paper!

Sorry for not replying sooner, I missed this. I tried glueing the foil onto the cabochon, big mistake, messy and untidy. I ended up making a decal on a nail form. Full shellac with foil then top coat. Then to the back of the stone did one coat of Zillionaire, cured, added the decal (foil to Zillionaire) then to the back of the decal finished off with top coat. It looks lovely, but was a lot of faffing around. There must be a quicker way :)

Sorry about the strange angles, I am recovering from wrist surgery.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1396124885.154182.jpg

Latest posts

Back