Shellac rings - jewellery!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aaahh flipping predictive text, that should say Taggyboy, I LOVE it!

This is my first attempts! Very addictive! Just ordered plain ring blanks and circular cabochons ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1390580507.981166.jpg

All of these are AMAZING! Such a brilliant idea!! :D x

What bases are most people using? I want some oval ones but not sure if I should get the onces that it sticks onto or sits in? What do people find are better x

Does anyone have a link to where they recommend the best place to buy the cabochon & kit etc from?

Last edited:
Does anyone have a link to where they recommend the best place to buy the cabochon & kit etc from?

I think there may be some recommendations earlier in this thread, but I use eBay.

What bases are most people using? I want some oval ones but not sure if I should get the onces that it sticks onto or sits in? What do people find are better x

I have used both. It may depend on what effect you want and what you want to spend at the end of the day, prices vary. I like the fillagree stick on ones, but that's just me, they all look great.

Anyone had problems with the stone coming off the ring when using the plain ring bases (without the bit that the stone fits into) I wore one today and it came off. But!! This was on the school run in that sodding rain and I knocked it quite a bit! Just a bit nervous the same will happen to clients....or do u stress they're for occasional use only??

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Anyone had problems with the stone coming off the ring when using the plain ring bases (without the bit that the stone fits into) I wore one today and it came off. But!! This was on the school run in that sodding rain and I knocked it quite a bit! Just a bit nervous the same will happen to clients....or do u stress they're for occasional use only??

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Id defo say more as dress/occasion jewellery x

Ah OK, I guess I did put them through a rough time lol x

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ah OK, I guess I did put them through a rough time lol x

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using SalonGeek mobile app

The school run is the equivalent of a marine standard assault course at times!!!! I know that too well lol x

Can somebody please tell me how you make them?

They are lush!

What's the best size oval ones for the older lady as my auntie pointed out the 25mm ones I have look bit to big more for a younger lady thanks :)

I buy my rings from ebay or etsy and there's different ways of making them, either by adding the shellac etc and then a cabochon or by using l&p or hard gel... Trial and error and depends on look

Here few I've done

Love these rings have u got a link where u got from please and what size thank you

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1391528681.936915.jpg
Just done this one for my holiday, inspired by a beautiful manicure by Darling Digits x

Hi all, I made a couple of rings as a first attempt, I got the bases and cabachons from hobbycraft. Initially they were fine but a patch appeared gradually in the centre and I'm not sure what's caused it? The cabachons we're not completely flat and I wondered if it is like condensation between the glass and the ring base? Has anyone else encountered this and solved the problem, it's happened with both rings I made :(
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1391530457.561281.jpg

Does look like moisture under the stone. What glue does everyone use? I got some stuff specifically for cabochons, hoping this is the right thing

I use E6000 and so far (touch wood) haven't experienced the glue showing through x

Latest posts

Back