Shellac Salon Certification - UK

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReVivebeauty

Reaction score
I so want this to come to the UK and soon. I had a new client in today who had tried Shellac at another salon. The salon in question also has a Beauty Academy attached which is VTCT and Habia certified. The client had Shellac a couple of months ago. it didn't last so she complained and they agreed to re-do the shellac for free, but it still didn't last.

The Client wondered whether it was just her nails that were the problem and located the CND Shellac information on the internet. Surprise surprise she realised that the salon in question had not done things properly. Oh and by the way, her nails are perfect for Shellac.

She watched me intensely whilst I carried out the treatment and told me that the previous salon had not done a PEP (that was evident 'cos she had a heavy layer of cuticle over the entire nail plate) they had buffed her nails, then wiped nail varnish remover over nail before the base coat (not CND Shellac as it was a different bottle) was applied. Colour coat appeared to be the proper Shellac, but the top coat, once again was not Shellac. Yes, you've guessed it......UV lamp was not CND, solar oil not recommended and she was not given aftercare advice. To add insult to injury when they removed the shellac to re-do for free, they soaked her nails in a bowl of acetone!!

If my client hadn't been the sort of person to check out for herself what a Shellac service should be, she would be another person who didn't believe that Shellac can do what it claims.

So, please S2...lets get the Shellac Salon Certification to the UK and quick!

This is an enormous undertaking for S2 and they are working on it.

If you are interested in being assessed then register your interest with Samantha dot sweet at sweet squared dot com as soon as possible.

Yes I totally understand that it will be an enormous undertaking and it is going to take time. Its just so frustrating that there are so many 'messers' who are providing a shoddy service when they have the ability to provide a brilliant service using the recommended and essential products.

Thanks geeg, I will certainly register my interest with Samantha.

Now this is interesting.. i have now had 3 clients come to me for Gelish .. who have been trying shellac with negative results.. chipping and peeling from the cuticle area.. not lasting more than 3 days .. etc.. all these clients have been to salons in my area..

all of them have said how "crap" it is.. not to put them off i done some probing and put them straight on a few things.. none of them had, had their pep.. just a quick push back and scrubbed with some liquid ( clients phrase not mine lol).. no indication of using oil solar or otherwise, no aftercare.. and were quite surprised that i removed cuticle etc.. when i applied their gelish...its been a week and a half for 1 lady and no problems yet..

Am hoping that by the time i have saved for my Shellac & lamp etc.. that if this salon approval comes about it will work for a mobile therapist aswell..

Sarah x

aww......poor you mizzy. Perhaps we can convince those at S2 to take a couple of days holiday and visit you in Germany!!

Thanks for the You Tube vid........if I can work out how to download it to my site.......I will do.

Diane

Now this is interesting.. i have now had 3 clients come to me for Gelish .. who have been trying shellac with negative results.. chipping and peeling from the cuticle area.. not lasting more than 3 days .. etc.. all these clients have been to salons in my area..

all of them have said how "crap" it is.. not to put them off i done some probing and put them straight on a few things.. none of them had, had their pep.. just a quick push back and scrubbed with some liquid ( clients phrase not mine lol).. no indication of using oil solar or otherwise, no aftercare.. and were quite surprised that i removed cuticle etc.. when i applied their gelish...its been a week and a half for 1 lady and no problems yet..

Am hoping that by the time i have saved for my Shellac & lamp etc.. that if this salon approval comes about it will work for a mobile therapist aswell..

Sarah x

Thats what I mean, some people are just using the name "Shellac" and not providing the proper service, or using the real deal, thus giving the product a bad name.

For prepping the nails, what tools do you all use? How long do you spend on each nail. I feel confident with my Gelicure but just never sure if i have removed all the cuticle

Sent from my GT-I5800 using SalonGeek

If you search fingernail fixer on YouTube there are some fab videos, check out the one about removing the real cuticle - an eye opener!

Kate x

I registered a while ago. Even though it's only me and I'm mobile it's no excuse not to do a proper job
Vicki x

Has there been any development on UK Salon Certification that anyone is aware of? On a train and I know by the time I get off will forget to call S2 so thought would post incase anyone heard.

Latest posts

Back