Shellac toes - issue

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MummyCat

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I feel really awful typing this as I feel its very unprofessional, but I need some help.

I have this client who is a regular. She is VERY well kept, always look immaculate, has a very good job etc and gets her nails done with me religiously every 2 weeks.

So whats the problem I here you cry (I'm almost crying!!!).

Well her feet...

So she has a Re-Shellac done every 2 weeks and EVERY time I say to her that she MUST have a proper pedicure (and use Vinylux) next time she books as her feet are in DIRE need of it...her toes are swollen and trying to wrap foils around them is a mission in its self. And of course in this warm weather her feet are quite pungent. I've tried spraying them and using Cool Blue all over them...but its not good...her toe nails look immaculate when I'm done, but her feet are a mess.

She popped in today to book for tomorrow and I didn't get the chance to talk to her as I was busy, and I saw that she booked in for a ReShellac...what shall I do...just force her to have a proper pedicure? I'm really dreading doing her feet...she is so lovely, I don't know why she can't see that her feet need proper TLC.

x

Hi Geeks

I feel really awful typing this as I feel its very unprofessional, but I need some help.

I have this client who is a regular. She is VERY well kept, always look immaculate, has a very good job etc and gets her nails done with me religiously every 2 weeks.

So whats the problem I here you cry (I'm almost crying!!!).

Well her feet...

So she has a Re-Shellac done every 2 weeks and EVERY time I say to her that she MUST have a proper pedicure (and use Vinylux) next time she books as her feet are in DIRE need of it...her toes are swollen and trying to wrap foils around them is a mission in its self. And of course in this warm weather her feet are quite pungent. I've tried spraying them and using Cool Blue all over them...but its not good...her toe nails look immaculate when I'm done, but her feet are a mess.

She popped in today to book for tomorrow and I didn't get the chance to talk to her as I was busy, and I saw that she booked in for a ReShellac...what shall I do...just force her to have a proper pedicure? I'm really dreading doing her feet...she is so lovely, I don't know why she can't see that her feet need proper TLC.

x

Is she not having a full pedicure because of time constraints? I would suggest to her at the beginning of her appointment that her feet could do with some pampering ;) and let her know of the spa treatment you have available and what it entails - this might entice her to finally get it done.

Oh she knows about the pedis I offer...it's almost like she doesn't care unless her toe nails look pretty...but it really isn't a pretty sight :/

I really feel your pain! Not sure you can do much without tempting her somehow. This is why I always do too many extra bits on most of my Gelish toenail clients- I can't watch those feet leave with my name over them so to speak

I really feel your pain! Not sure you can do much without tempting her somehow. This is why I always do too many extra bits on most of my Gelish toenail clients- I can't watch those feet leave with my name over them so to speak

Gem-Gems what extra bits do you do? x

As she is a reg client - after doing the shellac toes, give her a mini pedicure, by showing her what her feet can look like may make her a reg full pedicure client too. Maybe she just need to see the results?

Could you not tell a little fib and say because she's such a loyal client she's been upgraded free of charge to a deluxe pedicure. That way you can do a soak to get rid of the smell, a quick dip won't do any harm before shellac application and you could have a good go with a foot file etc. You never know she might enjoy it so much that she books in for it again xx

As she is a reg client - after doing the shellac toes, give her a mini pedicure, by showing her what her feet can look like may make her a reg full pedicure client too. Maybe she just need to see the results?

Thats a fab gesture, but I really don't have time to do that tomorrow as by the time I've removed and reapplied her new Shellac on her toes that will take about 1 hour, then she's booked in after to have her finger nails Re-Shellac'ed too...and I'm booked up after that...I would need an extra hour to make her feet look good...a mini manicure would do nothing :eek: x

Could you not tell a little fib and say because she's such a loyal client she's been upgraded free of charge to a deluxe pedicure. That way you can do a soak to get rid of the smell, a quick dip won't do any harm before shellac application and you could have a good go with a foot file etc. You never know she might enjoy it so much that she books in for it again xx

Stephie, I think I might have to...OR ask her to choose her Shellac colour and PRAY that its one that comes in Vinylux and offer her a luxury pedicure. Her feet could really do with a good scrub...oh pray for me that she goes for it!

My Lux Pedi is actually less than my re-Shellac, right now I don't care about the money, so long as she has nice fresh feet.

It's terrible when lamps break! ;)

But never mind, you will remove the previous shellac and give her an express pedi with Vinylux for the same price...as a way of making up to her that the lamp isn't working.

Hopefully they will have sent a replacement lamp by the time of her next appointment in 2 weeks time!

:)

It's terrible when lamps break! ;)

But never mind, you will remove the previous shellac and give her an express pedi with Vinylux for the same price...as a way of making up to her that the lamp isn't working.

Hopefully they will have sent a replacement lamp by the time of her next appointment in 2 weeks time!

:)

Oh nooooo! How cheeky! I can't do that...She's booked in for Shellac mani too! (Damn...thats a good one though!) x

Lol I love this last comment.... Nice feet win!

I pretty much always do foot soak and a quick foot file 😁😁 trying to stop myself though as no one ever looks after their feet so annoying! Friends a scrub maybe Im still new in this game but my basic gelish toes include (or should!!) just be trim and shape nails and cuticle work/ sanitise consultation of course 😉as they are the same price as nails I feel i would need to up the mani if I did the pedi but I've only been charging £15 until this week suspect I have it all wrong?!

Oh nooooo! How cheeky! I can't do that...She's booked in for Shellac mani too! (Damn...thats a good one though!) x

And of course a spa Vinylux manicure too...seeing as the lamp isn't working! Includes a lovely exfoliation, masque, hand and arm massage. It will be good for her nails to be able to take a week or two off too ;) and has she SEEN X,Y,Z colour that's ONLY available in Vinylux? What a great time to give it a try and laugh off the misfortune of the broken lamp. :D

Actually I LOVE the broken lamp comment haha!!

Could you convince her that you are looking for a "before/after" model for feet that you can photograph for advertising?
Or that she has won a foot make-over on her next visit?

Or tell her how you feel, in a nice way ofcourse. I had to ask one of my clients to please stop picking at the skin around her nails as it looked so sore and it actually hurt me to look at it.

Last edited:
Can you not do a deluxe pedi with shellac?

Maybe she only wants shellac, maybe its time, maybe its money. Maybe she doesn't understand why or care or doesn't like her feet being touched. It could be anything.

I would tell her that all your clients were entered into a raffle and she won a free upgrade to a deluxe at her next pedi apt.

Hopefully she'll love it and keep it up xx
Sent from my HTC One X+ using SalonGeek mobile app

Could you soak her while you do her shellac mani after her feet and the skin should be soft enough once your done to give a quick foot file, scrub and moisturise?

To be fair I would just say 'omg your poor tootsies, what have you been up to??
They need a good exfoliate and massage,bet they are killing you aren't they? keep it quiet and ill give 'em a quick scrub and rub while your here to Keep you going but you need a proper pedi next time otherwise you're going to end up sooo achy'

Xxx

And of course a spa Vinylux manicure too...seeing as the lamp isn't working! Includes a lovely exfoliation, masque, hand and arm massage. It will be good for her nails to be able to take a week or two off too ;) and has she SEEN X,Y,Z colour that's ONLY available in Vinylux? What a great time to give it a try and laugh off the misfortune of the broken lamp. :D

She could probably do with a Shellac break...she's a notorious picker! She's even picked them off in front of me! I always tell her off and she (jokingly) rolls her eyes at me x

Could you convince her that you are looking for a "before/after" model for feet that you can photograph for advertising?
Or that she has won a foot make-over on her next visit?

Or tell her how you feel, in a nice way ofcourse. I had to ask one of my clients to please stop picking at the skin around her nails as it looked so sore and it actually hurt me to look at it.

She would definitely think I'm having her on by using her feet as model feet! x

Can you not do a deluxe pedi with shellac?

Maybe she only wants shellac, maybe its time, maybe its money. Maybe she doesn't understand why or care or doesn't like her feet being touched. It could be anything.

I would tell her that all your clients were entered into a raffle and she won a free upgrade to a deluxe at her next pedi apt.

Hopefully she'll love it and keep it up xx
Sent from my HTC One X+ using SalonGeek mobile app

You've hit all the nails firmly on the head...she really couldn't care less about her feet...just as long as she has pretty toe nails!

But I really want to give them a thorough soak before doing them tomorrow! She needs a foot makeover!

Latest posts

Back