Shellac top coat and Brisa Lite top coat different?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waffle4

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just a bit perplexed. I've just looked at the ingredients on the shellac topcoat and the Brisa lite topcoat and found they are EXACTLY the same, listed in EXACTLY the same order. Does anyone know if there is actually any difference between them? I've hardly used my Brisa lite topcoat and if it's the same as the shellac topcoat then I may aswell use it over shellac too!

That's interesting, when shellac base coat was always out of stock when it first launched we were told to buy the Brisa base coat instead and use that until they had more shellac base coat and it was fine.

That's interesting, when shellac base coat was always out of stock when it first launched we were told to buy the Brisa base coat instead and use that until they had more shellac base coat and it was fine.

Hmm that would be different though surely? As Brisa is a hard gel and shellac is soak off.

Hmm that would be different though surely? As Brisa is a hard gel and shellac is soak off.

Brisa is actually a soak off gel and shellac compatible. The Brisa lite base coat may have the same ingrediants as shellac base coat, but it is also designed to be used on their own as a system in its own right.

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

Cheryl Sait-Parkinson

Brisa is actually a soak off gel and shellac compatible. The Brisa lite base coat may have the same ingrediants as shellac base coat, but it is also designed to be used on their own as a system in its own right.

Cheryl Sait-Parkinson

Oh I thought she was referring to the original Brisa which is a hard gel system. Brisa lite is a seperate system which is soak off. Anyhow, I still think that the Brisa lite topcoat and shellac topcoat must be the same thing otherwise they wouldn't have the exact same ingredients listed in the exact same order would they?

Hi all,
Just a bit perplexed. I've just looked at the ingredients on the shellac topcoat and the Brisa lite topcoat and found they are EXACTLY the same, listed in EXACTLY the same order. Does anyone know if there is actually any difference between them? I've hardly used my Brisa lite topcoat and if it's the same as the shellac topcoat then I may aswell use it over shellac too!

I will probably get shot down for this but I stupidly ran out of shellac topcoat a while ago and used my brisa lite topcoat for a few clients that I had booked in. Then continued to do so until it was all gone.
All clients came back with their shellac intact. Some even went longer than the recommended 2 weeks.
Xx

I will probably get shot down for this but I stupidly ran out of shellac topcoat a while ago and used my brisa lite topcoat for a few clients that I had booked in. Then continued to do so until it was all gone.
All clients came back with their shellac intact. Some even went longer than the recommended 2 weeks.
Xx

Is it still as glossy and shiny ...???

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

I've got a couple of Brisa Lite Top Coats and use one bottle solely for my Shellac display colour pops. Super Shiny! xx

Sent from my iPhone 5S using SalonGeek mobile app

Xx

Same here I used it on myself as a test trial.

I wondered about this too & the base coat.. Would be interesting to see what Gigi has to say 🙈
I bought the brisa lite smoothing kit but can't see me doing just the smoothing gel as everyone wants shellac over 😬 x

Same thing with gelish structure gel and gel base coat. Same ingredients but structure gel is thicker than gelish base coat. It could be same ingredients but not the same measurements of the ingredients.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using SalonGeek mobile app

Same thing with gelish structure gel and gel base coat. Same ingredients but structure gel is thicker than gelish base coat. It could be same ingredients but not the same measurements of the ingredients.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hmm I wondered that but they are listed in exactly the same order.

Cheryl Sait-Parkinson

I maybe wrong but I think she also meant the original hard Brisa too, as Brisa lite base coat was not available in 2010 when shellac had its stock issues.

I've only used Brisa lite top coat on myself over the DesignFX & lasted absolutely fine.

The formulation in both base/top coats is different, but that information is proprietary and unavailble to any one other than CND themselves, even us educators are not privy to proprietary information.
Again like anything else a system is designed to be used as a system, has been tested as a system and will give the results expected of that system when used as intended.
Using shellac base/top coat instead of Brisa lite base/top coat is not part of the system and you won't get the results you want. Likewise vice versa.
The ingredients in a cake are butter, sugar, flour, eggs .. But depending on the amount of each the cake is completely different. Just because something shares the same ingredients does not make the formula the same.
Jen xx

Hi all,

Well spotted!

If you think about it, it makes perfect sense. Both Brisa Lite Top Coat and CND Shellac Top Coat are required to give a protective, shiny layer that will last but when it's time to remove, will remove easily. Also, Brisa Lite utilises technology for adhesion to the natural nail that CND innovated for CND Shellac, so the Base Coats are also similar.

CND Shellac Base Coat/Top Coat and Brisa Lite Base Coat/Top Coat are very similar, but have different formulas, i.e the ratio of the ingredients is a little different in order that they be optimised for each individual system.

CND do not say that these products are interchangeable, though, of course many of us have tried it. If it worked ok for you when you were in a pinch then cool, but if you experience any service breakdown you can return to the tested, confirmed, recommended manufacturers protocol.

And for the record, just for clarity....

The original Brisa Gel System (CND's permanent, non-removable gel system) has no base coat and the top coat, Brisa Gloss, is absolutely NOT compatible with CND Shellac or Brisa Lite.

Thanks for clarifying :)

Cheryl Sait-Parkinson

Maybe it was the Brisa liquid bond we were told to use? I don't do gel nails but use shellac, I just remember is was a brisa product that we cured for 10 secs and was told to use that until we could get more base coat.

Why would anyone want to do this - unless in an emergency? They're the same price?

Latest posts

Back