Shellac top coat on Minx

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tori S

Reaction score
Hi

I just wondered if anyone has tried using the Shellac Top coat over Minx, to make them last longer. Is this possible?

I find the top coat just peels strait off the shiny Minx surface x

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Hi Hun

I apply minx, Shellac basecoat cure 10 secs and then Shellac topcoat cure 2 mins, d sperse. They lasted two weeks on me no problem. Only removed as wanted just Shellac.

HTH xxx

I know your meant to "Buff" the shine off to allow a gel coat trendy wraps but never succeeded in this. But I would like to know if it's the same for minx and any tips offered out will be fab.

No, no buffing on Minx! with a good PEP and application you should get over a week on fingers with Minx without putting anything on the top. If you can go on the Minx course as this honestly makes all the difference to the longevity of the product. Also if you look into the groups section on here you will end a Minx lovers group have a look at this for lots of Minx related tips!! good luck
xx

Last edited:
Yes I've done this. Shellac base coat then top coat.

Hi, I have done a crystal pedi with minx underneath shining through and used shellac on top to stick on crystals, it lasted brilliantly.

Our fabulous product that is Minx does not need anything over it to make it last longer on toes x

Just capping the free edge with UV gel on fingers makes it last a little longer x

Thanks everyone for all your advice x

Latest posts

Back