Shellac training.......is a model really required?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sassy_minx24

Reaction score
Hi All

I've just got my confirmation letter through re my Shellac course. I'm just wondering if those of you that have done this course had to take a model? I was under the impression we'd be practicing on each other.

Many thanks

Tracy x

Hi All

I've just got my confirmation letter through re my Shellac course. I'm just wondering if those of you that have done this course had to take a model? I was under the impression we'd be practicing on each other.

Many thanks

Tracy x

I was told I didn't need to take a model as we would be practicing on each other, they said its just a standard letter from head office, if your still unsure give them a call hun x

Thanks Rachel

I suspected that might be the case. I can stop worrying about recruiting model now! Hehehehe.

x

I am attending the Shellac brings em back course at Leeds on monday and I understood from the letter that a model was required. I have already asked my friend to come with me. Ooh now I am unsure. Will feel a bit daft if i'm the only one with a model.

Take a model. I booked this course after emailing my EA for the details etc. She told me we did not need a model as we would be working on each other. When my letter came through, it said I did need a model, so I got back in touch wth my EA and she told me I could bring a model if I liked as it would give me more hands on time but that it was not needed.

Anyway I arranged for my friend to model for me but on the day, her son was ill and she had to pull out at the last mintues. I was not too worried as I was told I would not need a model. When I arrived, there where only 3 of us (out of 8) that did not have a model and we took turns working on each other. It worked out alright in the end but was a tad embrassing being with out a model.

HTH

Sam

We reccomend that you take a model as when you are sat there having your nails painted your not learning! You could be painting nails getting more hands on time!

If you are unsure the best thing to do is contact your EA or head office! X

Sent from my HTC Vision using SalonGeek

I took a model. There was one lady on my course that didn't have a model but she shared a model with another lady in the end. I'm so glad I took a model because you've got more hands on time for sure!

Hi All

Many thanks

Tracy x

Where and who did you book your Shellac class with?

I did my trying at Manchester (booked directly with them) and was told not to bring a model. Those that booked through head office were told to bring one though, so on the day there were about 14 of us and not enough seats! It was a bit of a nightmare for the trainer! Id definitely call the actual place you're training at, as i think each centre works differently. Hth xx

I know this sounds stupid but can I take my boyfriend as my model?! Until I got the letter I assumed it was no model so I said to him shall we make a weekend of it and stay over in London as its only a 3 hour course I was just going to leave him in the hotel for a bit! Lol

I did my Shellac course last Sunday at the Fingertips Centre in Edinburgh and we did not need a model, there were 8 of us on the course. The trainer demonstrated on my hand with 5 different colours and then we paired up and did 2 fingers each. It probably is better to have a model as then you are getting more practice as I felt I didn't really learn much abuot the application and the trainer didn't even look at everyones application. However, I am glad that I did the course as I was shown the correct pep as have been using shellac in the salon and was being shown the wrong pep. X

It depends where you do your class/who with.

In my classes we use a model as, like Amelia said, you get more hands on time.
Check directly with your trainer and they should clear it up for you.

Latest posts

Back