Shellac used over enhancements?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gemzj

Reaction score
Can you apply shellac to enhancements?? or just natural nails? xx

Hi there

I would only really use Shellac on my natural nail clients - I find that my CND Colours last ages on enhancements anyway. Hth x

You can apply it to enhancements although standard varnish will last ages on enhancements anyway.

Hi there

I would only really use Shellac on my natural nail clients - I find that my CND Colours last ages on enhancements anyway. Hth x

Its just with it saying it acts like a gel, i didnt know if you could offer this on a natural tip xx

Its just with it saying it acts like a gel, i didnt know if you could offer this on a natural tip xx

If you mean as in instead of your normal gel, then no as it is not a gel but a hybrid between polish and gel - it goes on like polish but it cures like a gel but it doesnt have the strength of a gel because that is not what it is meant to be used for.

Look at it as a polish plus staying power.

If you mean as in instead of your normal gel, then no as it is not a gel but a hybrid between polish and gel - it goes on like polish but it cures like a gel but it doesnt have the strength of a gel because that is not what it is meant to be used for.

Look at it as a polish plus staying power.

Fab thank you xxxx

Well it was designed for natural nails.... but i used tutti frutti on enhancements and my client got ages out of them.

Of course you can use Shellac Colour coat over enhanced nails but there are a few reasons why I choose not to.

1. Polish lasts just as long.
2. It costs you much more in cost per service and time to use Shellac than polish (so you would have to make sure you charged extra for applying it).
3. There is the benefit of zero dry time with Shellac but then the CND colours & Effects dry so quickly that in the 10-15 minutes it takes to apply Shellac the CND polish would be dry anyway.
4. I have a whole new group of natural nail clients (new to the salon) that are coming in for the Shellac service. I don't wish to waste my Shellac on those who wear enhanced nails, who don't need Shellac and are already clients .. I like any salon want a new breed of clients.

Quick question also: isn't there a removal issue with using Shellac over enhancements? As I understand it, the only way to remove Shellac is with acetone, in which case removing it after 2 weeks would damage/remove the enhancements too? Or am I missing something... and being a bit dim...? :confused:

Quick question also: isn't there a removal issue with using Shellac over enhancements? As I understand it, the only way to remove Shellac is with acetone, in which case removing it after 2 weeks would damage/remove the enhancements too? Or am I missing something... and being a bit dim...? :confused:

Good point ... If you used Shellac over enhancements, you would have to buff it off (I should have put that in as my number 5!!) and I hate buffing off.

Good point ... If you used Shellac over enhancements, you would have to buff it off (I should have put that in as my number 5!!) and I hate buffing off.

Ah, good, I'm not just being bonkers then! I'm with you Gigi - I hate buffing off too, and the buffing-off time would be an added X number of minutes to each treatment, with no extra money changing hands, which is not exactly cost-effective! No, I shall stick with Plan A, of Shellac on natural nails then. Thanks for the reply. x

Latest posts

Back