Shellac , which colours to buy and any I should not get?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yadagi

Reaction score
Hi all,

As I am new to this all, and have already spent a fair amount getting set up .

I have just had my account set up by the lovely Sweet Squared girls and am on a buying spree..... but without endless amounts to spend!

I am going for Salon Rack B as it seems to be a good price compared to buying individually .

Can the Shellac veterans advise me please which are the most popular colours to buy , and any which are not . ?

thank you all x

I think you will find that you cannot choose your colours if you have salon rack b, on their website is says you get the following colours: Clearly Pink, Iced Coral, Gotcha, Hollywood, Masquerade and Black Pool

Hot pop pink and tropix are great, Iced coral is a must have for layering. I find the rock royalty and fedora are too close in my opinion but then I'm a pink girl so what do I know?!

Cream puff for doing french. Mother of pearl is pretty. Tutti Frutti is pretty on the toes.

Yes, you'll want cream puff for french, and I use Negligee over it.

Wildfire and fedora are gorgeous colours :)

I hate to tell you this but you will want to buy them all. lol.
You cant pick ur colours in the salon B rack but they are good for starters as it has a red, burgundy, pink etc. I bought that rack first and have added tropix. hot pop pink, fedora,beau, hollywood, cream puff,mother of pearl.
i am going to buy tutti frutti next.

Get the salon rack - its a great display piece. Then add on say 6 or 10 colours to get you going. Then when you've had a few clients order another six colours, and then when they come again they have more to choose from. And you don't have to fork out all in one go.

My plan is to start with 12 colours and build up from there.

Mat

Fedora & tropix a favourite of mine also romantique quite popular.

Hi,

When I started I got salon rack b, cream puff, negligee and then bought as many additional colours as i could realistically afford, till I had them all, all the colours are great and worth having. trust me you will make your money back. Also make sure you charge the right price for the service. :D

hi hun

When i did my shellac class last month my trainer recomended as a starting twelve- salon rack b plus cream puff, negligee, tutti frutti or hot pop pink, tropix, wildfire, rock royalty or fedora. I bought thirteen in the end and didn't get hot pop pink. They are lovely colours to begin with and I've now got my eye on a few of the new colours coming out and a few of the original twelve. Really I'd buy them all if i could but the above are a good starting point. Currently wearing rock royalty which is just beautiful in the sun light lovely purple colour and when darker a browny purple can also see some aubergine. My sis is wearing fedora which is just beautiful and mum originally had masquarade which she loved but now for work wearing negligee which made her nails look subtle but oh so healthy.

Sorry went off on a dreamy shellac essay there.

Love n hugs x x x

Thank you Thank you thank you , all of you , you are all so lovely .

I have ordered salon rack B and 6 other colours , will tell you tomorrow as I can' t remember them all now . My bank account is totally wiped out now , really hop eI will do a good service , and get loads of work .:D

Latest posts

Back