Shellac with Additives drip?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louisenewell

Reaction score
Of all things for me not to master....
Pretty good with all my nail art techniques and tricks but just don't get this one...

Shellac with additives and drips of d.sperse ....Have also tried the bubbly wrap technique

Just not working for me...have tried "really"burnishing my pigments in and not burnishing them in too much...
I find i'm not picking up enough or picking up too much d.sperse on my dotting tool. Either no dots or just a great big runny mess

Help....I'm loosing my patience with trying to master this look now :|

Ask therealmrsgrey, she's got it down IMO :) xx

Sent from my BatPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

You need to dot with the top coat, cure, then wipe with dsperse thus removing the additives from where you have not top coated. Then topcoat again.

You need to dot with the top coat, cure, then wipe with dsperse thus removing the additives from where you have not top coated. Then topcoat again.

This is a different technique to the one the op is talking about.

Op you really don't need a lot of desperse on your dotting tool, if that's what you use. The additive is just applied as you would if leaving it on with no effects. Try on a colour pop a few times, you do have to be careful that you don't put too much desperse on or it will run but try little bits on your dotting tool and touch that too the additive.

Have you had a look at the fingernail fixer video on you tube? She explains it far better than I just did :)

Sent from my HTC One X using SalonGeek mobile app

Op you really don't need a lot of desperse on your dotting tool, if that's what you use. The additive is just applied as you would if leaving it on with no effects. Try on a colour pop a few times, you do have to be careful that you don't put too much desperse on or it will run but try little bits on your dotting tool and touch that too the additive.

Have you had a look at the fingernail fixer video on you tube? She explains it far better than I just did :)

Just double checked your post and can see you do use a dotting tool so ignore the 'if that's what you use' bit :o

Oops, sorry not seen this technique before. Off to have a look x

Oops, sorry not seen this technique before. Off to have a look x

It's so easy I just did this on my own nails. Only thing you do have to watch is if you are using different colours with the additives that you do spread one colour too wide so no room for others, which was what I did on my first nail! Still love it had lots of comments already :) x

I think how successful you are also depends on the color of the additives you choose to 'drip' onto. The lighter colors just don't show up.

Speak to Jeni, Louise ... She will tell you the best ones to use for the best effects.

Of all things for me not to master....
Pretty good with all my nail art techniques and tricks but just don't get this one...

Shellac with additives and drips of d.sperse ....Have also tried the bubbly wrap technique

Just not working for me...have tried "really"burnishing my pigments in and not burnishing them in too much...
I find i'm not picking up enough or picking up too much d.sperse on my dotting tool. Either no dots or just a great big runny mess

Help....I'm loosing my patience with trying to master this look now :|

You really do only need the tiniest bit of dsperse on your dotting tool, I don't even actually touch the dotting tool too the nail for this anymore cause every time I did I messed it up big time. It took me a while to get it right too, was tearing my hair out over it but after lots of practise I finally got it. Xx

Attachments

• 1383928053942.jpg
    1383928053942.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 396
  • 1383928080430.jpg
    1383928080430.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 299
  • 1383928095694.jpg
    1383928095694.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 286
  • 1383928112794.jpg
    1383928112794.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 297
You really do only need the tiniest bit of dsperse on your dotting tool, I don't even actually touch the dotting tool too the nail for this anymore cause every time I did I messed it up big time. It took me a while to get it right too, was tearing my hair out over it but after lots of practise I finally got it. Xx

They look stunning..im glad someone else has struggled too.i dont feel like such a prat now

What colours have you used here- amazing!

They look stunning..im glad someone else has struggled too.i dont feel like such a prat now

Your not a pratt, i can't do it either, i can't even do the top coat dots on additives then wiping away with dsperse, it proper does me canister in! Loool

Latest posts

Back