Shellac with nail art

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heatherp

Reaction score
Hi guys

I'm doing a french shellac on a teenager tonight for her birthday.

She wants a little nail art nothing fancy (thank god!!) just a couple of stones or a stick on decal thingy.

My questions is I assume that these would go on after the two colour coats but before top coat, but wondered do I remove despersion layer before apply sticky art??

Thanks guys

H xx

I do not wipe after colour,
Base coat
2 x colour
Nail art
Top coat
Wipe
Be carefull when using nail art stickers as they can sometimes curl up when curing, if this happens to me I do another layer of top coat to take away the jaggyness. Hope this helps:)

Thats great, many thanks Jersey Jock

H x

ive glued crystals on top of the cured and wiped Shellac service and they stay fine with me but not on the heavy handed, though even under the topcoat doesnt work for a particular client I have. And with Konad stamps I do it on top of the cured and wiped Shellac.

Nail stickers etc would be best on top of the uncured or cured second layer of colour. Depending what youre using you may need an extra layer of topcoat to cover it completely and have no bumps etc. HTH x

You could always do nail art (simple flicks and dots) using the shellac colours and curing the art before top coating. :)

Or check out Holly the Fingernailfixer on FB. She does all sorts of things with Shellac.

hth's

Latest posts

Back