Shellac with no colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuffyFileSlayer

Reaction score
I have a new client booked in next week and she only wants clear Shellac to enable her nails to grow. Do I do base and top and will that be strong enough or do I do base and 2 coats of top? She can't have any colour as working for a famous supermarket they are not allowed anything on their nails so she wants to look as natural as possible. BTW her nails are very short and won't grow without breaking. Thanks x
(I know clearly pink (which I haven't got) would be the obvious soloution, but I don't think I would use it much.)

Try one coat of negligee after the base, then top coat. that should look very natural.

Yep one coat of Negligee would look fine. I'm not allowed to wear anything at college but wear this. It's natural enough to get away with it, but it also gives that nicely polished attractive look. It has helped my nails grow really well.

Thanks, but she insisted on clear ........

Base and top coat then , I used to do French this way sometimes before clearly pink and when they wanted a change from negligée ,

If she is going to become a regular though I would defenitly invest in a bottle of clearly pink , well worth it x

Thanks, so that's base coat and 1 top coat? Will that be strong enough?

Thanks, so that's base coat and 1 top coat? Will that be strong enough?

Personally i think if she has short weak nails i would apply 2 coats of topcoat for the added strength. Ax

Clearly pink is see through for a better want of a description & two coats of top coat.
HTH
Fiona :)

I would do one base, two topcoatss. :)

When I first saw Clearly Pink Shellac, I thought, won't be using that much! lol

But Surprisingly I use it allot. It really gives a very pretty slightly enhanced pink to the nail bed and the advantage is that the regrowth is not as apparent as it is with highly pigmented colours, so many ladies are opting for a French with this 'colour' and going for three weeks between Shellackings!

Great for ladies who are not allowed to wear colour or who want a completely natural look to their natural nails, which many do. Or ladies going on holiday and who don't want to worry about excessive re-growth or having to get their nails done while away.

I actually know now that this will be a very popular choice if you sell the idea to your clients and explain the benefits of using it to them, as I have to mine. Not to mention it will be stronger if you use it with top coat instead of just top coat.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone, and Gigi, as always, your help is invaluable x

Thanks everyone, and Gigi, as always, your help is invaluable x

Another thought .. if your client wants to disguise the fact that she has anything at all on her nails, then you can dull the shine of the Shellac top coat by applying a final coat of CND Super Matte top coat. I know some super markets don't even want their employees to wear clear on their nails.:rolleyes: Bit OTT to my way of thinking. :biggrin:

As well as using clearly pink for French, it's also very useful as a base to set crystals in (crystal toes are gaining in popularity) and good for sprinkling with glitter for twinkle toes. I'd definitely invest in a bottle :)

This post and discussion has been very helpful to me as a client, not a tech. I LOVE natural look on my nails and usually come away disappointed. Thank you
thank you!!!

Latest posts

Back