Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lbrown332

Reaction score
A week ago, I had a fellow geek give me a CND Shellac manicure with the red Shellac polish. I did a day of work the next day (I work in a spa doing different treatments) and the polish started peeling and lifting off. All of the polish fully came off by itself with no help from me peeling it off within 5 days.

I paid mates rates for it so I wasn't too fussed with it but I was just wondering if anyone else has ever had this happen and is there a certain product that would help the polish to peel off?

To let you know, the treatments I had that day were a GELeration manicure, a Decleor 40+ facial, 2 body polishes, 6 back, neck and shoulder massage and 2 Decleor express facials.

Thanks for the advice in advance Geeks!

The only real way we could figure out why it came off is knowing the process your tech used to apply it. I sometimes wear Shellac on myself and it never does that. Sometimes it'll get dull or start wearing away, but never peels.

Sorry couldnt be more help :(

thats ok, I haven't done shellac training but the way she did it seemed similar to GELeration. I don't know whether Shellac uses a gel prep cushion or a prep liquid as she didn't use one if that makes any difference? x

Did she use the CND lamp?

yep, she did x

Did she work on your cuticles?

What are your nails like? What is there condition , How dose normal polish last with them or enhancements or gel polish ?

Have you asked the geek who did it what she thinks?

I don't know whether Shellac uses a gel prep cushion or a prep liquid as she didn't use one if that makes any difference? x

So she didn't use CND Scrubfresh? This is a crucial part of the Shellac system.

Yes she worked on my cuticles.

My nails are quite flexible but all in all in good condition.

Polish usually lasts for about 4-5 days depending on treatments, GELeration usually lasts about 2-3 weeks depending on regrowth.

I haven't talked to her yet, was going to see what anyone could think of before I mentioned it to her x

I don't think she used scrubfresh, it looked like she used a base coat, 2 coats of colour, which looked quite thin and a top coat.

Sounds like prep to me. Also, I found any exposure to harsh cleaning materials will cause Shellac to do this. But im pretty sure it sounds like prep. And it could be something as simple as you scratching your head before application. I've had a client do this before. Lol

If she didn't use Scrubfresh then I think you have your answer. That is a vital part of the PEP and for the system to work properly as it temporarily dehydrates the nail plate. Failing to do this will mean that the nail plate could be oily and therefore the base coat can't adhere to the nail plate as it should xx

The only other thing I can think of is if you got some acetone or acetone based product on your nails while doing the geleration set?

aah lovely, im glad we could have an answer, I'll chat to her about it next time I see her! Thanks Geeks!! x

Latest posts

Back