Shifting black-colour change advice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can't buy it in wholesale just to let you know, we buy it in and charge extra £5-£10 per client- it covers cost and makes money.

You can't buy it in wholesale just to let you know, we buy it in and charge extra £5-£10 per client- it covers cost and makes money.

Oh no good for me then ha I'm mobile and only have salon services(Sally's)close to me,I'll have a look in there and online x

One of the best color removers I have come across is: Solaris, Eugeneperma=Demaq. I have had great success removing black color buildup by using a color remover + 20vol-30vol(6%-9%) developer applying from ends to just shy before the regrowth......or 9%+ remover on ends through 2" or so before black/dark color starts + 6% + remover on the 2" closest to scalp of old color. Shampoo out when that yucky red-orange underlying pigment @ level 4-6 ish depending on how well it lifts. Dry completely then apply bleach. Color removers awesome as it strips old color down to the underlying pigments leaving the hair healthy enough to be bleached after with 20/30 vol! Wash out bleach dry hair then do your color.....I like to mix it up & let it sit about 10mins before applying to processed hair even if using 3%/10vol just to skip the lifting process & have it deposit to the already open shaft & settle in to ensure it sticks around longer.

Doing this tonight!cant wait!i have in ct 5/1 6/1 and 7/1 to flood Inbetween the foils!i have 7/81,8/81,10/16,9/8 and 9/16 for toning!!anyone suggest any other back up tones ha!the joys of being mobile and colour changes

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1411714235.435498.jpg so happy with outcome!!excuse the blowdry we finished at 10pm so client said to blast it dry,I'm doing it again in 6wks also with a cut so I'll post another pic :) ended up emulsifying the ct into the highlights as ends were tough to lift.

I agree with the masses....de-colorizer,shampoo,dry then do a bleaching with 20-30vol.(6-9%) depending on hair health. I have used Solaris de-color+6% then bleach with 30vol=9% after from lv2-3 up to a decent 8N/NA still healthy in the end too.Why not use 9%? I use it a fair bit & am cautious with 12% as I rarelu use 40vol(12%) did you apply low-heat too for boost? 9%+bagged @ lo-heat for 10-15 mins won't harm decent pre-colored hair.

I used strip off colour remover last week on base 3 hair. I did everything I should, rinsed hair for 10 mins, shampood 4 times. I then bleach & pastel highlights & flooded with 8.1. I washed it off & dried it. The highlight were bright ginger & the bits I flooded were around a level 4-5, really warm! We're did I go wrong?! X

HairBy Amanda

I have a young lady who has been all colour from blonde (bleached) to brown then bk to blonde dip dyed and and now she's wanted to go purple but her hair went a bit blue/black/ red/ purple and now she has came to me to strip it back and try get a lighter and more even shade of purple!!!! I wld normal use rusk elimin8 as have done few time before but I am worried about underlying bleach and the condition of hair is not great at all...any help wld be great thanks

I used strip off colour remover last week on base 3 hair. I did everything I should, rinsed hair for 10 mins, shampood 4 times. I then bleach & pastel highlights & flooded with 8.1. I washed it off & dried it. The highlight were bright ginger & the bits I flooded were around a level 4-5, really warm! We're did I go wrong?! X

HairBy Amanda

Did you use a quasi or permanent? Some colour removers tell you to use a specific one, or you may have had to wait a few days to colour.

HairBy Amanda

What did the colour remover lift too when you dried it? Were you using the 8.1 to lift it more as I can't believe it lift to more than a 6?

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

What did the colour remover lift too when you dried it? Were you using the 8.1 to lift it more as I can't believe it lift to more than a 6?

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

Way late but only just seen your reply! No not to lift again, your supposed to go 2 shades lighter arnt you when re-colouring? X

that's only a pre caution as you might re develop the existing pigments that have been turned clear. and as far as I know that's not what manufactures tell you to do? don't quote me on that though. if you do the 3% test and it doesn't go darker I believe you're okay to go straight in with your desired colour. if it does go darker then you need to re remove and test again

Use the affinage eraser on a regular basis. It can be applied several times in one session. Don't forget if you use this product once the desired lightness has been achieved always reapply the eraser to remove any last molecules (you can do this as it is not damaging). Remember not to use a semi permanent when re colouring. Use at least a shade lighter with 6% minimum to achieve the colour below, or you risk it going back dark. You cannot use the affinage bred range straight after either. If her colour has any semi permanent colour on it the eraser will not remove this.

Below is an example of what it can do. The woman had been box colouring her hair red for a few years. So we erased it 3 times then bleached with 6% and toned. Simple easy effective

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1414829867850.jpg
    1414829867850.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 193
Super result :) wish i had known more about .21 etc for colour correction i only just learn it a couple weeks ago!

Use the affinage eraser on a regular basis. It can be applied several times in one session. Don't forget if you use this product once the desired lightness has been achieved always reapply the eraser to remove any last molecules (you can do this as it is not damaging). Remember not to use a semi permanent when re colouring. Use at least a shade lighter with 6% minimum to achieve the colour below, or you risk it going back dark. You cannot use the affinage bred range straight after either. If her colour has any semi permanent colour on it the eraser will not remove this.

Below is an example of what it can do. The woman had been box colouring her hair red for a few years. So we erased it 3 times then bleached with 6% and toned. Simple easy effective

That's amazing! X

This client walked in with coloured level 2 hair and she wanted golden caramel base and golden blonde highlights.. gave it a try and after a bleach bath her hair was still in a great shape so i highlighted with 6% and flooded in between with wella 7/73 with a dash of 8/74 and this is the result :)

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1414886079577.jpg
    1414886079577.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 146
Leila1712 that is beautiful colour x

Latest posts

Back