Shiniest top coat?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missjodylee

Reaction score
Hi all
I'm looking for a super shiny topcoat that looks really wet and shiny and lasts looking that way.
I want to use it on acrylic nails. I usually use a uv gel topcoat on top of my acrylics and cure for 2 min. This is shinier than regular polish but wondered if anyone can give me some names of ones u think are great.
Thanks ;)

Last edited:
I love CND super shiney, 2 coats lasts well and doesn't go yellow :)

Thanks fingertipsnails. I will try it out. X

I need one also that won't come off with polish remover so when I'm doing nails it won't come off.. Any ideas??

I love Colourfix by Mavala. Has an acrylic in it, pedicures last up to 4/6 weeks.

Emma:confused:

I need one also that won't come off with polish remover so when I'm doing nails it won't come off.. Any ideas??

Shellac :) ( and or hands down pads there plastic backed so no damage to polish.)

Liquid buff by opi won't come off. Super shiny but smells has it is a resin.

I know it's not a normal top coat but I swear by NSI's Glaze and Go.
It is super shiny and lasts exactly that way until you file it off. It doesn't yellow either which I love as I'm a smoker.

Shellac topcoat is good for acrylics too!

Thanks all. I appreciate ur replies.

I wasn't sure if shellac could be used over acrylics. (I do my shellac class next mon). Is it just buffed off as if u put the removers on that have acetone in them (?) that would compromise the structure of the enhancement? ..

I will look into all these and see which one is what I'm after.
Thanks guys x

Thanks all. I appreciate ur replies.

I wasn't sure if shellac could be used over acrylics. (I do my shellac class next mon). Is it just buffed off as if u put the removers on that have acetone in them (?) that would compromise the structure of the enhancement? ..

I will look into all these and see which one is what I'm after.
Thanks guys x

I use nSI glaze & go & Young nails Finish. Both products are uv cure & leave no dispersion layer & give a lovely shiny durable finish.

Another thing you may want to consider is product cost ( always important!) research prices , some products come in half oz (15ml) bottles, others in quarter ounce size. I personally would never use my Shellac topcoat as a finshing topcoat over acrylic because of what it would cost me, I reserve it just for use over my Shellac colours.

Also you may be interested to know that NSI do a large 4oz refill bottle of Glaze & Go which makes a great product even more cost effective! :)

Thanks wg19. Why do u use both Glaze and go and YN finish? U must use them for different purposes? .. What do u like about each and why?

I use YN products (just started using them so not sure of all their range yet) so it would be an easier option to use theirs but I have heard great things about Glaze and go.

It's good to know about Nsi refill and shellacs cost. (shellac would be a bit to expensive to use on non shellached nails).
Will do some research on products and costs. Thanks

I only use the shellac one on myself, as polish remover removed my other top coat, also, u could charge extra for the service of a shellac topcoat, a great way of upgrading ur service cost!

Great thinking fingertipsnails. Thanks x

Thanks wg19. Why do u use both Glaze and go and YN finish? U must use them for different purposes? .. What do u like about each and why?

I use YN products (just started using them so not sure of all their range yet) so it would be an easier option to use theirs but I have heard great things about Glaze and go.

It's good to know about Nsi refill and shellacs cost. (shellac would be a bit to expensive to use on non shellached nails).
Will do some research on products and costs. Thanks

I just happen to have both!! They both do the same job & give the same result , if I was to recommend one over the other it would probably be G & go because of cost due to being able to buy a refill which cuts the cost of the product by almost half per half oz. Not sure if I've explained that very well, hope you get my gist. Also NSI quite often have it on offer where you buy a 4oz refill & you get a free 1/2oz bottle.

Personally I don't charge for this topcoat as an add on, a/ because it costs me so little; b/ because it saves me time(no buffing to high shine. But that's just me! :) clients appreciate the lovely long lasting finish & it keeps them coming back giving me a full appointment book 4 days a week!!:)

I use nSI glaze & go & Young nails Finish. Both products are uv cure & leave no dispersion layer & give a lovely shiny durable finish.

Another thing you may want to consider is product cost ( always important!) research prices , some products come in half oz (15ml) bottles, others in quarter ounce size. I personally would never use my Shellac topcoat as a finshing topcoat over acrylic because of what it would cost me, I reserve it just for use over my Shellac colours.

Also you may be interested to know that NSI do a large 4oz refill bottle of Glaze & Go which makes a great product even more cost effective! :)

I use both Finish Gel and Glaze n Go, they are both fabulous and stay shiny. Can't recommend them enough x

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

Seche has a UV activated topcoat that is very shiny and seems to help nail polish last. I took off a french manicure that had been on for a week today after using that.

Seche has a UV activated topcoat that is very shiny and seems to help nail polish last. I took off a french manicure that had been on for a week today after using that.

Yes I have that , great over a polish on natural nails!

I use starnail UV Gel seal and love it super shine does not come off with polish remover and I use it on top of polish super good.

Thank u all for ur helpful replies. Much appreciated xx

Latest posts

Back