Shoot Me Down

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too suffer from terminal shyness, and even though i have been lurking for quite some time now, have just started posting on here due to being ordered to do so by my new Geeky friends. Whilst at Excel, I saw lots of geeks and was also introduced to some by Debs. I was also "Star-struck" by some of the better known names, and now wish i had spoke to them. I had a lovely time at my first show and sitting waiting with Liza Smith (my sister and I said we would meet her there, to be part of her cheering squad) for the competition results was an experience, as I got to see so many big names and partly find out how nerve wracking it will be when the time comes for me to compete (Liza's orders!!!!!). Unfortunately I can't get to G-Mex, but I will try to introduce myself at the next London show.

Helen
x

Well Hi there again Samantha or Sam, not sure which you prefer Mrs Geek ....

...for all you other geeks I got to meet our very own GMG and his lovely wife Samanatha and their cutie blue eyed little boy (sorry didnt know if it was Dexter or Hayden :o ) - PS hope that first is cool for him....

It was lovely to meet you all,

I didnt really get to talk to Samanatha but Sam it was really interesting chatting, thanks for your time.

PS BRisa, I love it just to find need a softer kitten like touch now

Mrs Geek said:
Well I guess shyness seems to be the 'dish of the day' for many of us!! I am sure that I can speak for afew of us here when I say that it is a true pleasure to meet you guys and to help if we can!! I guess we don't always realize the perceptions that many of you have because as thenaillounge pointed out (or rather her boyfriend did) - we are all human - I have kids, look like hell in the morning, have off days etc - but my true love as anyone who knows me well knows - meeting and talking to others - it's my thing and always will be so it doesn't matter if you are Karen with one or 2 'r's' or whoever - if you are a geek, then you are part of the Geek Family - OMG I have suddenly developed 2700 sisters and 150 bros???? Just kidding....just seems a shame that we can happily type away and yet be too shy to say hi - no more - step out of the comfort zone and let's talk nails!!! :D
Samantha, you do make me laugh!! You have a terrific sense of humour and great way of expressing yourself. Please make sure you are at Excel in Feb/March 2005 coz i'll be there and i promise to come say hi to you. Sam will vouch for me that i'm not shy as i bowled up to him at Excel this year, lol.

I was also a bit shy at Excel:o , but did lots of 'pointing' out the geeky celebs to my big sis!!! If i manage to get to Gmex, I will be much braver - promise!

I know Laystar did some badges for geeks at excel - what about a printable version on the site somewhere, so we don't all have to harrass Layla? Then we'll know for who all the other geeks are for def???
And hey... don't all "shoot me down" if this has already been done or suggested somewhere else!!!:eek:

I can't believe how few geeks I saw at Excel.........only Gloria (Glorsclaws), Layla (Laystar), Sparklepink (Jessica) and the obvious ones, Antony and GMG.

Surprised I didn't bump into my old friend Debs down every aisle and certainly didn't see Samantha..........were you not there? Missed my chats......hmmmm!

However did see Ruth, Dawnie and Caroline competing so well done girls.......

Also when it comes to this 'shoot me down in flames' business.....crikey none of us are perfect and the whole point of this board is to offer our advice. Rather than use this term if we're not sure why not say something like 'I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.......' or 'this is how I do it but others may do it differently'.

'Shoot me down in flames' gives the impression that the writer is really being quite defensive which really is a shame.

Adele

Well,
Lemmie tell ya about the first time I met Sam (gonna embarrass the hell out of myself here but here goes)
The site was newly up and running and it was the show at Bham, Id just watched a rather inspiring demo on sculpting ... it had been really quiet in the seminar,except for a bit of noise from the front ... Ruthie baby was that you performing down there?, lol!
Anyway I was staring at Sam intently on the Creative stand and he looked up and said "Have we met?" "Im Glorsclaws" I gushed. :rolleyes: He was sooo friendly and said "Just let me finish this demo .. we gotta talk" In that lovely drawl of his :o
Er, .. anyway .. of course I did what every other sensible, normal human being would do ... yes I legged it to the nearest exit :eek: :lol:
Just thinking about it makes me cringe ... what a pratt!
I soon learned that Sam and Samantha are THE most approachable and friendly peeps you could meet. They share the same passion as us, nails and they love to talk/share/discuss.
So, if you do want to say 'Hi' as has been said ... step out of your comfort zone ... you'll be glad you did ;)

Mrs Geek - do you really think you should be pointing that gun at us all on this post :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

Sorry it just dawned on my & sence of humour is a bit freaky :o

I didnt get to meet any geeks either and had so little time up at excel (actually it was 3 hours so I was told by hubby). I did go to Creative stand but would not have recocnised anyone either doh!!

I cant get to Gmex as I fly out to Cyprus on 2/10 am hoping to get back for next london show in Feb/March. So I will have to just carry on trying to chat to you guys here and hopefully make (chat buddies) as I am a bit scared of being isolated way out there??!! If I get to Feb show will definately say hi to as many of you as poss.
Pam x

Don't shoot me down in flames but.... :D OMG can't help myself... I am laughing now!! Yes I understand that it is a 'security' type comment but Dizzy Delli (Peppercorn Nails) has hit the nail-on-the-head (on a roll now) :lol: - 'if I'm wrong I am sure someone will let me know / correct me / shoot me down in flames - um mm here I go again!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

As to all other replies, I am so pleased that everyone will make an effort; I have an idea up my sleeve that may help us all but won't post until I think it is possible! Thank you all for sharing - Carole my sense of humour is a bit mad - it's good to laugh though - apparently it keeps you young - at 35 I need to laugh A LOT!!! :lol:

Well i'm coming to GMEX to and can't wait to meet you all i am so excited hahaha. wanna come on competition day tho so i can give my support to those of you who are competing are they on the saturday????

Hahahahaahaha

Ruthy baby I was about to say the same thing about Olympia last year - Samantha I will never forget the look on your face when you were tryna figure out who the heck we were!! :D

And...here's a pic of Samantha's funky tights...

40missfunkytights.JPG

Im so sad I wont be at Gmex to be the fellow Miss Funky Tights with you Missy!! :sad: Lol!!

And to all the rest, just take the plunge and go and introduce yourselves to GMG and Samantha, they wont bite...well Im still alive! Lol, then do what me, Ruth and co do, and make your way around the rest of the Creative Crew and just impulsively introduce yourselves, lol :D

xxxxxxx

Awww, I feel really rude that I didn't introduce myself now... :o
You set up this lovely board for us all and then we don't even say 'hi'!
Like the others say it's easy to walk around Excel awe stuck!
I promise I'll try and be brave and say 'hello' next time.

Kx

i am shy too shy to introduce myself at shows to other fellow geeks because my concern is when i say hi am a geek then give my name joanne rowsell i am scared you will all go who.................................
lol :o

joannerowsell said:
i am shy too shy to introduce myself at shows to other fellow geeks because my concern is when i say hi am a geek then give my name joanne rowsell i am scared you will all go who.................................
lol :o
I'D say oh - Joanne - the one with the cute smile on her avatar!!! Granted, there are many Geeks I wouldn't know coz although there are almost 3000 members - there are only a certain amount who post (even though I know many read) so those are the ones I would personally be more likely to recognise, just not faces!!!

and btw Layla - cheers for the tights shot - I think I may trousers now I've seen that image again!!! :evil: :o :eek:

Mrs Geek said:
I'D say oh - Joanne - the one with the cute smile on her avatar!!! Granted, there are many Geeks I wouldn't know coz although there are almost 3000 members - there are only a certain amount who post (even though I know many read) so those are the ones I would personally be more likely to recognise, just not faces!!!

and btw Layla - cheers for the tights shot - I think I may trousers now I've seen that image again!!! :evil: :o :eek:

No way - They are lovely pins, wish mine looked looked half as nice - you show them there leggy legs at Gmex don't be shy

LOL dont be daft Missy, they look fab!! :green:

I promise...at the next show/event that we are both at...I'll wear my cobweb tights lol!
xxx

Mrs Geek said:
bless ya :o

This thread has made me wanna put up my photo as my avatar. If everyone did this atleast we'd have an idea of what us geeeks look like next time we're all at one of the shows. Im gonna try and put up my photo watch this space.

Those legs are HOT!!!

Kx

Hello Sassy Hassy here the grand shming-shmonger herself!!

I am not shy (used to be but not anymore!).

Went to see Anthony Buckley and just stood in awe for about 20 mins watching him work - boy have I got a lot of work to do to be as good as him - before I plucked up the courage to say who I was!

Tried to get to see GMG - well I did see him but he was in full flow on the Creative stand and thought it too rude (and embarrassing) to shout "Hi Sam, Sassy here - how you doing?!" So I guess at the next show I go to I will have to be a brazen Sassy Hassy and just GO FOR IT!! (that will make the place even hotter when i go VERY BRIGHT RED:o ).

Also, forget that you nail bigwigs are human too, and feel too unimportant to ingratiate myself on you!!

Looked for stand 666 for Ruthie, but she wasn't there - see knew they wouldn't let you in - HAHA! My Shming- Shmong's ROCK!

Latest posts

Back