short bitten beds

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missy_chic

Reaction score
Morning geeks, little advice just been asked to do nails for bride and bridesmaid. Only prob is that bridesmaid nails are so tiny as she was a biter and I am worried that tips wont stick. Any advice to what I can do. I have done my cousin who had tiny tiny fingers and bitten tiny nailbeds but I dont remember them being as short. Thanks in advance XXXX

Not from a professional but personal point of view..
I have nail beds that are small... and I am a biter... and I never get on with tips, steer well clear and sculpt only. Its the only way, I have found nails to stay on for longer.
xxx:hug:

I agree if they are that short you would be wasting your time tryingto apply tips so sculpt is the only way :) xx

How would you sculpt though with really badly bitten nails. My daughter has nails that are so tiny (about 5mm total length - if that). I have refused to do them basically because I don't know how. I have told her to come and have regular manicures and try to get them in better condition and get them a little longer but she still continues to pick at them - she doesn't bite.

I feel a one to one sculpting class coming on!

Yep that would prob be ya best thing... but your advice to your daughter is correct hun regular maintenance really helps.... :) xx

If nails are that bad that a tip would be difficult to apply and sculpting is also going to be difficult, by way of fitting a form, and possible exposure issues if you try and simulate a free edge, then I would honestly recommend to the client that she have a really good manicure and possibly a NNO for a few weeks to try and break the habit of bting and get some natural length in them.

Someone on here (I think Geeg) once recommended painting them bright red, so the client notices them everytime the nails go near the mouth and it really works! I've broken 2 people of bad nail-biting habits this way!

However some clients, are not interested in the long term health of their nails, and just want good looking long nails immediately, and in this instance I merely point out to then that they will not last as long as if the nails were in a good condition to start with and get them to sign a disclaimer. I recommend maximum 2 week infills for a while too.

I would apply a natural tip, blend per usual, use a coverage pink, place the smile line higher than her natural and a soft white free edge. Or alternatively a coloured overlay if you feel you are not that confident.

I agree sculpting would be very difficult as far as getting a nice fit with the form. Whereas if you can blend a tip - well you can do almost anything.

I am not very confident with sculpting so as Donna said I am going to try natural nails and will keep them short for her and make sure she has an in-fill before two weeks. It will be a challenge which is fun really just hope she is happy with them (then again the state they are in I am sure she will be). I didnt get any practice with sculpting so thats why i am not confident but i have seen someone using them once and the form is suppose to fit under your nail am i right? if so how can i do them to her when she hardly has any? Would love to have a go at it too. Im sure there are some tutorials.

I would apply a natural tip, blend per usual, use a coverage pink, place the smile line higher than her natural and a soft white free edge. Or alternatively a coloured overlay if you feel you are not that confident.

I agree sculpting would be very difficult as far as getting a nice fit with the form. Whereas if you can blend a tip - well you can do almost anything.

I agree with Donna on this one, i have a nail biter that had tiny nails. I applied a clear tip, blended, placed the smile line lower on the tip to extend the nail and then used CND flawless pink to cover, they turned out fine, and five weeks later her nails were a much better length and alot easier to work with

Latest posts

Back