Short nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Absolutebeautyx

Reaction score
Hi geeks! I know this subject has been touched on. I have a client with these nails
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1408653062.542673.jpg
She's wanting l&p for an interview then is happy to have them removed about a week later although if she likes them and doesn't get the job (it's in London I'm in Edinburgh) she might be a regular acrylic client. She just wants them natural so the white is not a problem! I have tried extending the nail bed but cannot get it right! I use CND l&p has anyone got any suggestions on the best way to do it? I will keep them short but I am still not 100% confident at l&p even though I have now done 2 courses, I just don't get a lot of practice and I dread them when I get asked to do them lol helpp xx

:) You need to get in touch with Biljana, (sorry if I've spelled that wrong) she does amazing reconstruction work!

I usually do reverse sculpting on a client like this and only just to the end of her finger and no longer. Ensure your prep is meticulous as she will probably have excess cuticle growth to ensure she keeps them on.

I usually do reverse sculpting on a client like this and only just to the end of her finger and no longer. Ensure your prep is meticulous as she will probably have excess cuticle growth to ensure she keeps them on.

Do you have a step by step on how to do this? I tried the naio one but it didn't work! I have never really done anything adventurous lol. Always make sure my prep is 100% it's just the application I am worried about x

Yes, but you'll have to do a search for her. Maybe one of the mods can direct you to her. I think she's based in Canada.

I tried the naio and it worked a treat, you need to make sure you take them liquid out of the back of the bead to make it more workable! Wait until you can press it on to the nail without it running onto the skin. I have used it twice now and both times success.

I have no experience with this yet, how would we fit a form on these nails?

I have a client like this tmrw! Argh I'm scared! Do you think I could use well less tips?

She waves shellac over so I don't have to do white.

:) You need to get in touch with Biljana, (sorry if I've spelled that wrong) she does amazing reconstruction work!

You are soo sweet. Thank You :)

Personally I would do a reverse application with acrylic.
Depending on her lifestyle and the strength of her natural nail, Pedique gel may be used to avoid using sculpting forms as it is safe to apply to the skin. However, Wilde Pedique is a flexible gel and doesn't work on everyone's finger nails. For those suited to it, it is amazing as it inhibits the growth of bacteria due to its ingredients.
So, if it's a short period then acrylic would suffice.
Push back the Eponychium as best as you can without damage to reveal as much nail plate as possible. Keep them super short and make sure you prescribe antifungal drops/liquid of some sort.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

I don't have a step by step but I will try and find the video where the nail tech uses tape to tape down the skin at the free edge as it will be bulging and makes it hard to fit a form.

Latest posts

Back