Shorter length tape hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siobrennan

Reaction score
hi extensionists!

im looking for tape hair extensions that are less than 24" in length lol looked at the rapunzel of sweden ones which look good and are 100g each (ideal) but they are just so long!!!
does anyone know of another suplier of shorter hair about the same weight?

mucho gracias geeks :)

Rapunzel of Sweden come in 20" as well if u change the tab just above 'buy' that's the shortest they do! Additonal lengths do 18" but come in 50g sets though works out same price :)

thanks hon! looking for #60 for myself just now, i like to try before i fit them to anyone else, additional lengths are out of #60 but il call them tomorrow and see what they say! i liked the look of the r.o.s body wave ones, but they only come in 24" but to be fair it only take 2 mins to ghd curl straight ones lol x

I have had the #60 rapunzels ones 20" straight and tbh they didn't seem that long not like other 20" I've had! The quality is good for the price, but I've had better! Let me know if u do get additional lengths ones I've been wanting to try them out but all this experimentations is costing me a fortune!! Lol!

And defiantly stick with ghd curls! Body wave ones I always find are much drier to begin with! Obv all the processing they go through! 2 min ghd job does the trick lol! :)

this is true - a perm ontop of bleaching etc aint gonna help is it!!! il call in the morning and let you know what they say!! would be easier to go dark and have the choice of lovely virgin hair but i do love my bleach!!! im not expecting miracles for the price, but id like to get a few months out them! either way il need to cut loads off, my hair is in a bob, growing out an asymetrical pixie cut!! :)

I have had the #60 rapunzels ones 20" straight and tbh they didn't seem that long not like other 20" I've had! The quality is good for the price, but I've had better! Let me know if u do get additional lengths ones I've been wanting to try them out but all this experimentations is costing me a fortune!! Lol!

And defiantly stick with ghd curls! Body wave ones I always find are much drier to begin with! Obv all the processing they go through! 2 min ghd job does the trick lol! :)

hey hon just had an email back from additional lengths, they are expecting #60 and #613 in again at the end of the month, so looks like you'll have to wait a little while for my review lol x

I have used additional lengths tape ones for the first time for a dance production I did hair for and I was really happy actually and the hair was really nice. Don't know how it is over one though only seen it after 3 weeks.

I have used additional lengths tape ones for the first time for a dance production I did hair for and I was really happy actually and the hair was really nice. Don't know how it is over one though only seen it after 3 weeks.

thanks i was hoping you would maybe pick up on this thread!! :o only thing is the lack of stock in blondes just now, was hoping to have it in my hair in the next week or 2!! while you are here extensionist - have you ombre'd any tape hair? my hair is a #60 just now but was thinking of going caramel into light blonde, but not sure how this would work with colouring the tape hair!!!! xxx

Is it better to buy the hair with tape already attached or buy a hair weft and buy the tape and make your own?

If i was to make my own should i cut the top of the weft off and just attach the lose hair?

Sorry if this question has been asked and answered in the past.

Is it better to buy the hair with tape already attached or buy a hair weft and buy the tape and make your own?

If i was to make my own should i cut the top of the weft off and just attach the lose hair?

Sorry if this question has been asked and answered in the past.

Are you serious? Sorry to make light of your question but it made me chuckle a bit to even suggest such a thing as to cut the hair and attach it to the tape!!!

There is two types of taped hair methods you can use, you can buy a weft and attach the tape to it but it will be more visible. Otherwise the best method is to get pu skin weft extension but not many sell these. These are specially made so it looks as if the hair is grown out of the tape and looks very natural. I really like these it really does look like it is growing out of the head.

And to answer the other question I have dyed the skin wefts plenty of time and without problems. Did ombré ones the other week for a ballet too. Do you want it to go from caramel to blonde #60? Then I can say what way is the best. It is no different than dying other extensions as long as they are of decent quality. Still hasn't found a great supplier but additional lengths and Rapunzel are good.

Are you serious? Sorry to make light of your question but it made me chuckle a bit to even suggest such a thing as to cut the hair and attach it to the tape!!!

There is two types of taped hair methods you can use, you can buy a weft and attach the tape to it but it will be more visible. Otherwise the best method is to get pu skin weft extension but not many sell these. These are specially made so it looks as if the hair is grown out of the tape and looks very natural. I really like these it really does look like it is growing out of the head.

And to answer the other question I have dyed the skin wefts plenty of time and without problems. Did ombré ones the other week for a ballet too. Do you want it to go from caramel to blonde #60? Then I can say what way is the best. It is no different than dying other extensions as long as they are of decent quality. Still hasn't found a great supplier but additional lengths and Rapunzel are good.

Yeah i was very serious.

I meant cut the weft to the size needed, put the weft on the tape with the end hanging over the edge of the tape then cut the end off, hope that makes more sense.

Oh no i hope you didn't think i meant each hair one by one.

I'm gonna be training in them soon hopefully just looking in to suppliers etc before i do so i can work out costs pros and cons etc.

I do lots of micro ring sewn in (don't like weave on European hair, not happy with hair being braided for so long with extra weight added) so just checking costs of tape method to sewn in x

That's not really what you said though. You asked if you should cut the top of the weft off and then attach the loose hair to the tape? this would not work at all.

thanks hon! its hard finding anywhere other than those two without going into scary ebay territory!! thanks for your input il probably be going for the AL ones once they are back in stock :) xxx

That's not really what you said though. You asked if you should cut the top of the weft off and then attach the loose hair to the tape? this would not work at all.

I know it wasn't til your reply i realised that i didn't explain what i meant.

Ha ha o well at least it put a smile on your face thinking of a crazy person trying to stick strands of hair one by one xx

ok so im thinking #18 into #60(ish)........ if i get the #18s and bleach up the ends with 20vol and a drip of moroccan oil do you think they will still be in reasonable condition? so reluctant to waste £100+ if they are gonna end up ruined!! was thinkin i should buy the #60 and darken the tops but i wouldnt get the the section thats woven?! xxx

i have an image of some poor girl sitting individually attaching single strands of hair onto toupee tape, still there 3 days later............! xxx

AL are showing only 1 in stock on each of the supposed "in stock" colours, hmmmmm. and they are closed so cant phone..... think im going to try these ones, and order 3 packs (so approx 150g) to get my hair looking really thick as my hair is short just now!
has anyone ever had this message come up when ordering from AL? just seems odd that every colour only has 1 in stock!!!

Yeah I have. I don't think the tape is that popular that's why they don't have many. Perhaps also they are waiting for more stock as it has been bank holiday weekend. But when I ordered they didn't have many of each colors either. I think more people need to realise that tape is really good but not many do it now.

Yeah I have. I don't think the tape is that popular that's why they don't have many. Perhaps also they are waiting for more stock as it has been bank holiday weekend. But when I ordered they didn't have many of each colors either. I think more people need to realise that tape is really good but not many do it now.

fab thanks hon im going to call them tomorrow and see what the sketch is, hopefully they have a wee cheeky 3 packs for me lol! really looking forward to trying tape hair, and also to trying ombre on it!! xxx

well they have updated the website by the looks of things!! the out of stock colours have been removed and iv just ordered #10 and some moroccan oil thought if im doing ombre il do it properly, brown to caramel to blonde :D excited much?!?!?!? orderd 3 packs so iv approx 150g - do you think thats a good amount for the tape hair? i usually have about 120g bonded in, thought 2 packs at 100g might not be enough!! xxx

How long is your natural hair?

Latest posts

Back