Should I be doing this mobile?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noodles

Reaction score
I am trying to set myself up doing manicures and pedicures but it doesn't seem to be going very well. I am also qualified in gels but haven't been enjoying them so for the time being am sticking to manis and pedis which I love. I will be doing more treatments in the future as and when I can afford to do the courses. I am sticking to just Saturdays only as at the moment I just don't have time the rest of the week and my leaflets state I do it from home. I would prefer not to do it mobile as I personally find it much quicker and cost effective to do it from home and have all my stuff around me. But I'm not getting any business, despite advertising. Do you think I should be doing it mobile too? I also looked into renting a room in a salon but they all said I needed to have existing clients to take with me, and I just don't have any! What do you all think?

I would say advertise to go mobile.If you do it at home ,by law you need to tell the council who you will have to pay to come round and issue your premises with a certificate (to say that it is a clean place to be doing treatments in). But for some crazy reason, you dont need to do this when going mobile. So theres one less thing to worry about.
Get some insurance if you havent already. I use a company called salon gold and they charge about £40 per year.

I would then re-do you leaflets or get some cards printed at vista print, they cost about £3.50 for 250. Go and put them through the doors that you want to put them in. I tend to avoid flats as i dont like carrying my couch up stairs cos its really heavy.
Also you will have to think of the times of year to promote one or the other. In winter not many people want a pedi as their feet are no longer on show. So think about doing some deals here.
I really dont think you need to carry round much for mani and pedi.Mine fits all in one bag and my mani table folds down.
Try it hun and see how you get on
xxxx

Hi Noodles

If you are qualified in manicure and pedicure, then you can also offer pamper parties and nail parties for children, which will expand your treatment menu a little bit!

You need to be advertising though, it will take a while to get your name around. If you have a community magazine where you live, that would be a good one to advertise in - as it will be local to your area.

Hi Noodles

If you are qualified in manicure and pedicure, then you can also offer pamper parties and nail parties for children, which will expand your treatment menu a little bit!

You need to be advertising though, it will take a while to get your name around. If you have a community magazine where you live, that would be a good one to advertise in - as it will be local to your area.

Yes I have just placed an ad in our free community mag, so maybe something will come of that. And yes, the pamper parties are a good idea too. Thank you!

I walked into my optitions the other day with my Vista print t shirt on which has... Debbies mobile nails on it , and 2 people approached me in there and took my card !

Its the first time Ive worn it , I shall be wearing it more, get one hun and put yourself out there on display.:lol:

Latest posts

Back