Should I cancel the appointment?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should I cancel the appointment?

• Yes, cancel and send her an email that it has been cancelled

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No, keep the appointment and hope she shows up and pays full price

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Denise L

Reaction score
I had a client come to me using a Groupon. She then booked a second appointment using another Groupon! She now wants a third appointment and has asked me to charge her the Groupon price for a haircut and not only that but she also has asked for a discount on the color which would be a long two process color. When I told her I would not be able to give her anymore discounts, basically because I have to make a living, she never responded yet has not cancelled her appointment. I then called her to ask where she stood as far keeping her appointment. I still haven't heard back. I have also sent her two emails both with no response.
Should I just go ahead and cancel her appointment without hearing back from her? Her appointment is on a Saturday and I would rather open that spot up for someone I know will show and will pay me what I'm worth. My fear is that if I cancel she'll come to her appointment anyway.
Anyone have any suggestions? I've been doing hair independently for 2 years now and this is the first time I've had to deal with a situation like this.
Thanks!

Email her a generalised email saying something like,

'Due to demand over Easter, I require confirmation of appointments at this time. If you don't confirm by *insert date* it will be assumed you no longer need this appointment and will be offered to someone on my waiting list.

Thanks for understanding and apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Hope to see you at your appointment, otherwise at a future appointment.'

Email her a generalised email saying something like,

'Due to demand over Easter, I require confirmation of appointments at this time. If you don't confirm by *insert date* it will be assumed you no longer need this appointment and will be offered to someone on my waiting list.

Thanks for understanding and apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Hope to see you at your appointment, otherwise at a future appointment.'

That is a great response! Thank you! I think I may be doing that :)

I have never done groupon to promote my salon but have noticed on the daily emails I get from them that many salons that do stipulate the deal is for new clients only or some set specific days that the voucher can be used. At least that way there is some control over when you offer the appointments, maybe try that.
I wouldn't get into bartering with her. Advise her to keep an eye out for your Feb page where you promote any special offers you are currently running. She clearly likes how you do her hair but seems like she just wants a deal all the time!

We did livingsocial ( similar as Groupon ) before and faced similar situation which is same client bring 3 or 4 coupons in and get the service done . What makes us couldn't refuse it was coz other coupons were gifts from other people . Set days ( Mon - Thur for example ) and certain number of clients you book them in for Groupon clients to ensure your income . That will be you terms and conditions . And if clients ask for the same price for next accommodation , really they never come back if you stop offering them the deal . Better to tell them the offers are running in your place to let them make a choice .

Also a deal is exactly that, a deal for a time limited period otherwise if you did it all the time it's not a special offer anymore! Try and limit them to your quiet months like Jan,Feb,August (they are my quietest months anyway!) and once it's gone it's gone! I'm always missing out on monthly specials where I often go to get nails etc done because I either don't need it at the time the deals on or I'm just not organised enough to book in time, but I still go and pay the full price because I like it there!

Latest posts

Back