should i carry on to the 2nd interview? confused!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michellex

Reaction score
Hi had an interview yesterday with another high end salon as i am wanting to get into a big franchise rather than the smaller salon i am in at the moment, i qualified in my level 3 last june and although i am confident in all the services, barbering was not included in my nvq and for this salon i need 3 models for a cut & blow, including one male...all need to be really out there cuts....i am definatelty not confident in doing that and i feel asthough im not ready for this kind of job yet, iv had another interview also at another popular salon which sounds much more for me, i need to take one model for a colour cut and blow which is fine although pay is not as good, ive also told them im not confident doing mens they said that fine and that i will recieve training...do you think the 2nd one will benefit me more and go for something like the 1st when i have more experience? just it sounds really good as they do lots of shows etc which i am really into? help please hope this makes sense!
thanks!x

i never got barbering skill and dont really do traditional mens cutting, but so long as it is just scissor work, ur creativity shud be able to flow on a guy to. if a gal came in and has a desire for short hair or a pixie crop u cud do that surely so a guy shud be similar skill requirement, no?
it really is up to you but i would be giving it a jolly good go x

Hey. I'm not a hairdresser but a beauty therapist. But is the 1st interview is something that you think you would enjoy doing then go for it. What have you got to lose? You either get the job and therefore they will have seen something withing you and will get the training, or if you don't get it, it will be experience. X

i never got barbering skill and dont really do traditional mens cutting, but so long as it is just scissor work, ur creativity shud be able to flow on a guy to. if a gal came in and has a desire for short hair or a pixie crop u cud do that surely so a guy shud be similar skill requirement, no?
it really is up to you but i would be giving it a jolly good go x

I second that. I really don't understand why they don't teach you mens cutting in college, they didn't even show us how to use a pair of clippers.
Is the salon you're currently at a unisex salon? If so you could just watch some of the other hairdressers and they could talk you through some basic mens cuts. Or you got volunteer one day/evening at a barbers? My Grandad is a barber and I picked his brain all day every day when I was in my first year after I qualified because I was petrified of doing a mens cut but it was so worth it because we do just as much mens cuts as womens.

But what scottydolly said was bang on.

Latest posts

Back