Should I cut my hair every time I bleach it

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Soo I got a somewhat mediocre balayage job so the line of demarcation is visible within 2 months of grow out. Got a haircut a week ago somewhere else and the woman said she would blend it all up and add lowlights. I am going in 3 weeks. I am bleaching a little bit more. Already pretty blonde. But trying to grow out hair. Do I need to cut it when I do this surface for the health (it would be 4 weeks since last haircut) or can I wait another 4 weeks? I usually go for cut every 8 but idk if recommended to cut every time bleach is done thanks

Soo I got a somewhat mediocre balayage job so the line of demarcation is visible within 2 months of grow out. Got a haircut a week ago somewhere else and the woman said she would blend it all up and add lowlights. I am going in 3 weeks. I am bleaching a little bit more. Already pretty blonde. But trying to grow out hair. Do I need to cut it when I do this surface for the health (it would be 4 weeks since last haircut) or can I wait another 4 weeks? I usually go for cut every 8 but idk if recommended to cut every time bleach is done thanks
It's not necessarily every time it's bleach, the most important thing is making sure when you do have it cut, that the damaged hair is being cut off.
8 weeks is perfectly fine, providing your hair is in good condition.
4 weeks will mean you're cutting off what's grown.

I agree with the above. As long as your going to a reputable person, damage should be cut the moment you get your haircut. Then, if you’re up keeping it right, it should be fine. She wouldn’t be bleaching it again if it was wrecked.

Thank you, everyone.

Latest posts

Back