should i cut my hair shorter cause frizzy?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nenee

Reaction score
Hi there

I have my hair highlighted with bleach and the top half is shiny but the underneath has old colour in it and looks frizzy. im pregnant at the mo and not sure whether to have a good cut to get rid of old colour(tried to match it up but it looks slightly ginger) and help with the frizz but id love long hair and think if i cut my hair it will be a shorter frizzy version cause the texture of my hair has changed?

should i just try and use products or start again?

cheers

Hi there

I have my hair highlighted with bleach and the top half is shiny but the underneath has old colour in it and looks frizzy. im pregnant at the mo and not sure whether to have a good cut to get rid of old colour(tried to match it up but it looks slightly ginger) and help with the frizz but id love long hair and think if i cut my hair it will be a shorter frizzy version cause the texture of my hair has changed?

should i just try and use products or start again?

cheers

Hi neenee, congratulations on your pregnancy :hug:
I agree it is hard to say without seeing .... but as I have seen your hair on photos once before, I am thinking to myself if your hair has changed texture with being pregnant and it is now naturally a bit frizzy
then it may be better not to get it cut , as the weight of a longer style will hold down those frizzy bits a bit more than a shorter version

nee nee perhaps you could ask the hairdresser to go in with her brush and pick out and foil those gingery bits to bring them up a bit more on the top,
so it will match up better with the rest ?
as I know you don't really suit any gingery warmth in your hair , as gingery tones in your hair make you unhappy :cry: , and I dont blame you, as I really hate them in my hair too ,
I think its this that could be the main problem ,
but do let us know , :hug: minky

Hi Minky

Thank you we are having a girl this time after 2 boys so really happy got both now, only 2 weeks or so to go:eek: looking forward to having another girl in the family to even the numbers lol

my hair colour is great now found a really good hairdresser who does bleach in a kind way and she gets that lovely clean blonde iv been trying to get, but the old ginger colour is left underneath, she has been picking them up and bleaching them so its much better but obviously cant get rid of it totally until it grows out and i dont want too much bleach cause of the condition.

i have suffered throughout pregnancy with anemia and on hugh dose of iron which is just keeping my levels from dropping further so maybe that doesnt help?

im using loreals masks in the intense range and keratese also.

imthink il wait and see how my hair is after the baby without making a irrational decision.

x

Latest posts

Back