Should I stay or should I go?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laurachicgeek

Reaction score
A client booked in last night for 2 spray tans for today at 11am she took ages to reply each time. When it came to asking for an address she took even longer saying its not her place ill be going its her sisters. Anyway she finally gave me the address after waiting 3 hours for it but no postcode. I asked her for it but no reply. I then went on google to try and find it and I cannot find it on the map? I then sent another message saying I can't find it on the map and still this morning no reply. Would you still go and try to find the place? Or tell them no? Not sure what to do here? Look forward to hearing from you

Sorry just to add this was all done on Facebook x

If they don't reply I wouldn't go. If you have a gut feeling about it it's usually right x

I wouldn't go to anywhere you weren't sure about, especially if she can't even get back to you with postcode! I never go to anyone unless I have spoke to them over the phone (at least for the first visit) xx

I do. Normally my clients on Facebook are very straight forward and we getting the booking done fairly quickly. But I was waiting ages and still no response? Very weird? I'm just worried shell txt me with an hour to spare. But that to me isn't good enough. I'm constantly checking Facebook incase she replays. I'm thinking of telling her the slot has been filled due to no response. So at least I can then relax and get ready for my next client!

I do. Normally my clients on Facebook are very straight forward and we getting the booking done fairly quickly. But I was waiting ages and still no response? Very weird? I'm just worried shell txt me with an hour to spare. But that to me isn't good enough. I'm constantly checking Facebook incase she replays. I'm thinking of telling her the slot has been filled due to no response. So at least I can then relax and get ready for my next client!

i had this on fb im a hairdresser and was very odd and the replys didnt make sense and took while to get all info then she sent even weirder text about her boyfriend ex anyway my gut feeling was dont go so im not id say trust your instinct x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

She's just sent me the postcode and I've now found it she spelt the name of the road wrong. However she now doesn't no if she wants to come to mine to have it done or go to her sisters! I told her you have 5 mins to decide as I've got a client.

I said this on a post similar to yours yesterday DON'T GO! I'm mobile as well & if your instinct tells you there's something wrong its better to be safe than sorry!xxx

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

She's now given me her address which is the same as the original. It's quite away away too. It's 8.8miles away and I don't normally go that far. What would you say to get out of this sticky mess? Help!!!

To save face I would say that you have come down with a bug or a migraine headache, cant drive, ever so sorry. Or say you are having car trouble and she can come to you if you need the money. I agree if you have a bad feeling, take heed.

You might on the other hand find her really nice just unorganized. Could she come to you? That way you will be saving on fuel and travelling costs and you can always tell her that you have another appointment straight after.( with a mechanic if you are using the car excuse) Obviously you cant use the headache thing if you want her to come to you.
Once I used the " equipment is in for servicing" excuse and that the courrier didn't deliver to me on time. It worked and she re-booked and also turned out quite nice but I had the added peace of mind and time to check the address, get her landline number and did a drive by so I knew everything would be ok.

Good luck and let us know what happens

Yes I will definately let you no what happens next.
She's now just said she's got to take her son to the drs at 10am so I'm hoping she can make this appointment for 11am as I do need the money. The business side of me is saying just go and the me side of me is saying tell her to come to you. However I don't want her to no where I live if she's dodgy

I wouldn't go, especially as it's so far away. I would simply say that you don't have time to travel that far as there are other clients booked in either side of her. TBH she sounds like a problem client what with the long waits for replies and now her son at docs just before you are due to go. . . . if she's not back in time for you, you could be kept hanging about for ages and when she gets in, if her son is ill she is going to be giving him the attention he needs

Could you avoid this in future by putting the areas you cover on facebook or a radius inside which you will travel.... perhaps you could say you will travel further but extra mileage would be charged over a certain distance? When I was mobile I would only go a mile from home without charging, otherwise you spend all day in the car not getting paid.

I'd also try to clarify where people are before booking the appt.

Hope it all works out ok either way xx

You could of said that as she took so long to get back to you you had to give the appt to someone else! Or you could just call her & say your car wont start. But I agree the one of the other posters, she sounds like a 'problem client'!!!xxx

Just to update. I went in the end and it was completely fine. The 2 girls were lovely! The one I was dealing with was not very straight forward with anything she said so the sister spoke for her. It turns out they live in a nice mansion and they've rebooked again for more appointments! It's really shocked me how wrong I was a d I'm glad that I went there now! They said there gona tell there friends and get them to book with me too!!! I'm so pleased it great!!! :D lesson of the day don't always go with your gut instinct x

I'm so glad it was all fine in the end!xxx

The mansion probably explains her behaviour. I find clients with loadsa money feel somehow they have the right to mess us around/ keep us hanging.

I have bent over backwards for some clients and it isn't always worth it.

Yes, it may have worked out fine, but do you really need the hassle of a similar situation happening in the future. I would do as suggested and set out areas on your facebook page. Also, I wouldn't be getting into a messaging conversation late at night when it is your chill time. Might be worth you setting up an online booking system so that they have access to book 24 hours a day, but you can clock off. I have a free one with clickbook.net but there are loads of other free ones available. If she had booked online, she would have to have put her address and postcode in the boxes if she wanted a mobile appointment, else she couldn't have got to the next screen. Just something you may want to consider to protect you in the future.

xx

I spoke too soon. shes now saying the tan is patchy. it wasnt when i left her! i did my usual check and now this! wish i never bothered!!!
booking system!!! Yes that's brilliant!! I never thought of that what a great idea!!! Can they see if your available or not tho on these booking systems?
Thanks for your reply!

What a pain in the butt!! Some people are just a nightmare - doesn't matter what you do for them! Was that not a bit early (less than 8 hours) for her to have washed her tan off to see if it was patchy?

She said it was patchy before 8 hours. I told her to wash it off after 8 hours. She really is a pain! I wish I never bothered. Now she's washed it off she's now saying its still patchy??? When I checked there was nothing wrong. I just don't no what to do now?

You get a feeling sometimes that a client is going to be funny and find fault,I would say to her that you will nip back and have a look,if she is trying it on then she will probably refuse.
hope you get it sorted. I would be busy next time she wanted an appointment,you can do without being messed around :)

Latest posts

Back