Should salon owner wear uniform?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frannie

Reaction score
Hi there....

I am at present setting up to open a beauty salon, but my dilemma is should myself and my business partner wear uniforms too or should we wear some sort of management wear?

I am a qualified nail tech and will have clients and my partner is going to do reception.

All views welcome.

Thank you

Hi,
personally,yes i think you should wear a uniform,you are representing your salon and you want to look professional.
If you want to look different from your staff then have a different uniform,maybe you in pinstripes and them in plain? just an idea!
I think it looks really nice when all of us in my salon have the same uniform on,and i know our clients like it too!!
hth
L.X

Most definetly yes

if all your staff are going to have nice uniforms to represent the salon then why should you be any different?

like the other geek said if you want to stand out from the others then just make a slight change to the upper half of the uniform a name badge is self explanitory.

Most salons ive been in the manager is no different form the staff, I think everyone employed should wear the same etire to look professional.

When I had my salon I never wore uniform. I wore a smart suit but I did treatments too!

I agree though with the above I wished now I had worn uniform. I would have worn a differnt colour to my staff but I have been in salons where girls wear suits and think it dosnt look as professional as uniforms!

It also makes you feel more part of the salon I suppose and you will spend less on expensive suits lol!

xx

Yes it looks professional and clean...

When I had my salon I never wore uniform. I wore a smart suit but I did treatments too!

I agree though with the above I wished now I had worn uniform. I would have worn a differnt colour to my staff but I have been in salons where girls wear suits and think it dosnt look as professional as uniforms!

It also makes you feel more part of the salon I suppose and you will spend less on expensive suits lol!

xx

I agree, all the salons I have been to wear the same uniform and the senior staff wear them too but in a different colour. x

Thanks guys (girls)

Its exactly what i wanted to hear but my partner thought it would be good to be different from the staff.

I understand where shes coming from but by just changing the colour of the uniform sets us as management but still shows us a team.

Cheers

frannie x :)

i think it depends what kind of message you want to put out to your staff and customers. If you want them to know 100% that youre the boss then wear something different. it lets people know who's in charge. But i would still wear salon-wear. xx

Latest posts

Back