Should SP Lashes adhere to the whole natural lash?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonnythecat

Reaction score
Ie should they be bonded all the way up?

And if so, does anyone have tips for getting the extension and natural lash to fully bond? Most of mine bond for about 50% of the way up then i get a kind of v where they divide

Been practising four hours (not all on one victim) and eyes crossing lol!

Thankyou xx

Ie should they be bonded all the way up?

And if so, does anyone have tips for getting the extension and natural lash to fully bond? Most of mine bond for about 50% of the way up then i get a kind of v where they divide

Been practising four hours (not all on one victim) and eyes crossing lol!

Thankyou xx

hey :) i was taught in my training that you need to make sure the base is definitely attached and then just as much as you can. dont stress yourself out about it, bear in mind that natural lashes are different curls to the extensions and so bonding the whole lash is near impossible :) hope this helps xx

Second that! As long as the base is bonded that's fine. I usually bond the SP lash to a quarter of the natural lash
hth x

If you are using c curls try using a heated curler before (meaning you are not trying to attatch a curve to a straight) ...and swipe the lash with the glue down the natural lash and the extention should sort of attract to the coating ... does that make sense!!?:lol:

If you are using c curls try using a heated curler before (meaning you are not trying to attatch a curve to a straight) ...and swipe the lash with the glue down the natural lash and the extention should sort of attract to the coating ... does that make sense!!?:lol:

This is a good idea in theory but what happens is that the natural lash only has a temporary curl. While you are applying the extensions, the natural lash has a bit of lift from the heated curler and you can attach a c curl really well.

However, the natural lash won't be lifted for long and when it drops, the extension drops with it.

You are actually better to just attach it to the base of they lash so that the extension retains it's lifted look and doesn't drop.

Hope I explained that OK :eek:

This is one of the reasons to choose a curl that matches the clients natural lash as you can get a much better bonding area (and you can then add a few other curls for a bit of effect)

Thankyou for replying. I'm intrigued about the eyelash curler trick.

I can totally see why the natural lashes would uncurl in time, maybe putting stress on the bond.

But i also wonder why the extension, once bonded to the curled natural lash, wouldnt hold the natural lash up in the curl.

I'm the sort of person who over-thinks everything lol. Can you tell?!

Xx

Latest posts

Back