Should you re-tip bonds?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gorgeouslocks21

Reaction score
A extensionist I spoke to said she dosnt bother re tipping them if they have only been once she just puts them back in and said there will still be enough keratin left on them to make another bond without re tipping them. Has anyone else done that?

That would depend what you used to remove them too I imagine? You couldn't do that after an oil mix remover. Also keratin weakens if reheated or left in the glue pot too long.

That would depend what you used to remove them too I imagine? You couldn't do that after an oil mix remover. Also keratin weakens if reheated or left in the glue pot too long.
Oh okay it was Italian keratin bonds removed with acetone. Just when I did my course I ask the lady teaching us how to retip them and she said if they have only been used once there normally fine to use again without retiping. Is there a number of times u can re tip bonds? X

Oh okay it was Italian keratin bonds removed with acetone. Just when I did my course I ask the lady teaching us how to retip them and she said if they have only been used once there normally fine to use again without retiping. Is there a number of times u can re tip bonds? X
In my opinion Prebonded extensions must be retipped after removal. Mine turn to completely mush so I could not reuse them. Itips can be reused as long as the tip is still strong

Agree with above you need to always re-tip after removal. You can do this as many times as you want as long as the hair is in good condition.

In my opinion Prebonded extensions must be retipped after removal. Mine turn to completely mush so I could not reuse them. Itips can be reused as long as the tip is still strong
What brand do you use that turns to mush? It's not beauty works is it?

Agree with above you need to always re-tip after removal. You can do this as many times as you want as long as the hair is in good condition.
Ok thanks :) do u re tip with the glue pot or the Italian re-bonds?

Always retip them, can't imagine them staying in well if they were just put straight back in without rebonding?
I use keratin granules & my heat connector x

E
A extensionist I spoke to said she dosnt bother re tipping them if they have only been once she just puts them back in and said there will still be enough keratin left on them to make another bond without re tipping them. Has anyone else done that?

I didn't think you could re tip without adding fresh keratin as the bond wouldn't be secure enough xx

Latest posts

Back