Shoulder pain

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkmolly226

Reaction score
Help!
I have been a busy nails technician for 16 years and I just have recently started to get really bad shoulder pain!
It started on my left side a few months ago, would flare up now and again then started to feel it on a daily basis, now my right hand side has started!
It's right in the curve between shoulder and neck and going down the back of the shoulder. I'm going to see the doctor about it but before I do would anyone here know any good exercises to relieve the pain? Don't want to just take painkillers for the rest of my career. I work 12 hour shifts (10-10) on a wed, thurs and fri which i know probably doesn't help, would it make a difference if I did an extra day and shorter hours? A lot of my clients like to come in the evening and I live an hours drive away from the place I rent (hence the reason I do such crazy hours) an extra day wouldn't be great but if I need to then so be it. I can maybe try a yoga class on my days off?
First time anything like this has happened :(
Thanks for any advice anyone can give me.

See a doc to make sure there's nothing sinister going on (he's gonna tell you to rest it, heat and ice it, and take pain killer, but they will check to make sure nothing is bad)
Yoga moves would help to stretch and loosen your muscles, but I'd recommend seeing a chiropractor if you can (try find someone reputable, with the correct qualifications) mine really helped my back pain, and getting your whole spine back in line and in check will ease your shoulder (though if it's anything like I had when I worked in a supermarket, the should pain originated from my back being sore and over compensating with my arms and shoulders) an osteopath or physio would also help if you can't gets a chiropractor

Acupuncture, Chiropractor or osteopath would def help.

Try an aerobic class too! In combination with chiro Zumba made my shoulder pain cease all together.

Help!
I have been a busy nails technician for 16 years and I just have recently started to get really bad shoulder pain!
It started on my left side a few months ago, would flare up now and again then started to feel it on a daily basis, now my right hand side has started!
It's right in the curve between shoulder and neck and going down the back of the shoulder. I'm going to see the doctor about it but before I do would anyone here know any good exercises to relieve the pain? Don't want to just take painkillers for the rest of my career. I work 12 hour shifts (10-10) on a wed, thurs and fri which i know probably doesn't help, would it make a difference if I did an extra day and shorter hours? A lot of my clients like to come in the evening and I live an hours drive away from the place I rent (hence the reason I do such crazy hours) an extra day wouldn't be great but if I need to then so be it. I can maybe try a yoga class on my days off?
First time anything like this has happened :(
Thanks for any advice anyone can give me.

I'd love to suggest some yoga stretches (i know a great youtube video for this), though I am really mindful to suggest not doing strenuous excercises at all until you get to see a professional.

If it is extremely tight muscles, a tui na massage can work wonders. Sending love x

Last edited:
Sounds like some sort of repetitive strain injury ! ( tendinitis ) I had it in my elbow for about 9 months , I had a cortisone injection , it worked wonders ! ( if all else fails )

Thanks for the replies everyone. I’ll take everyone’s advice and try it all xx

Latest posts

Back