Show Us Your French Polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MobileNails

Reaction score
I have had a look around and their is loads of different colours used for a french polish..I am very interested if fellow geeks could post up a piccie of what they call a french polish...
I bought a french polish pack with the pink base coat, the white and the top coat and I tryed it out on my self and it looks so fake looking I wouldn't wear it...
I am deperate to see pictures and also what brand you used....I will be including a french manicure on my list but want to find a special and fabulous looking french polish..

Any help would be extremely greatful....

Jacqui

Havent got any pictures jacqui but i always put the white on first then a shimmery pink or clear over so the white still shows through.

hiya this is what i use.

1. cnd sticky base coat

2. negligee polish

3. creme puff ( for the tip )

4. thin coat of negliee

5. super shiny top coat cnd

i do it this way and it looks fab.

i dont have any pics eith but i ...
1. apply base coat
2. then the white i keep my lines thin cause i think thick r very false
3. apply the pink thinnly to so you can see whiye
4. then finish with 2 coats of top coat

works every time and its just practice hun xx

hiya this is what i use.

1. cnd sticky base coat

2. negligee polish

3. creme puff ( for the tip )

4. thin coat of negliee

5. super shiny top coat cnd

i do it this way and it looks fab.

exactly what i do... but sometimes i swap the 'negligee' for 'beau'...

'Toma' nail polish also do a brilliant white..

but it goes on quite thick so you have to be careful when you apply it..

creative moonlight & roses over the white gives a lovely finish, i have more and more clients having it this way.
Gives a lovely shimmery finish

I was going to direct you to some pics I have on here of French mani but see that my gallery under 'Mrs. Clooney' seems to have disappered. Anyone know where the galleries have gone?

I have two different shades of white. One is very pale and more natural looking and the other is bright white. I find that different people want different looks.
Sorry don't know where the galleries have gone.

I prep as if doing enhancements then do my white french smile in cream puff first, then I can make the smile line deeper with another brush and scrubfresh if thats what the client wants. I then use a base coat over the lot, then one or two coats of Beau and then Super Shiney on top. Lasts well. The pixels in the attached photo make the white smile seem uneven but it sure wasnt, it was great.
Geek sized copy jules nails wedding.jpg

I prep as if doing enhancements then do my white french smile in cream puff first, then I can make the smile line deeper with another brush and scrubfresh if thats what the client wants. I then use a base coat over the lot, then one or two coats of Beau and then Super Shiney on top. Lasts well. The pixels in the attached photo make the white smile seem uneven but it sure wasnt, it was great.
View attachment 2618

Wow those are lovely, are all the products by creative, i feel a spend coming on! :hug:

I am deperate to see pictures and also what brand you used....I will be including a french manicure on my list but want to find a special and fabulous looking french polish..

Any help would be extremely greatful....

Jacqui

Sorry, Jacqui, don't have photos but I use LCN Diamond Base for a lot of my french manis, it is a very soft, slightly sparkly color and looks very natural, especially on tootsies. :green: :hug:

View attachment 2618

Lovely job Marylin :)

ok here's one for you..My mother In Law will be wanted a french polish one day this month..She has real mega long nails..And when I say mega long I mean like 3 - 4cm long....If she wants me to give them a french polish do I do it as usual? So paint the looong nail white and overlay with a shimmery pink...I just think that a french polish on real nails looks nice a little shorter....
Not sure how it would look on mega long nails ...And real :eek:

ok here's one for you..My mother In Law will be wanted a french polish one day this month..She has real mega long nails..And when I say mega long I mean like 3 - 4cm long....If she wants me to give them a french polish do I do it as usual? So paint the looong nail white and overlay with a shimmery pink...I just think that a french polish on real nails looks nice a little shorter....
Not sure how it would look on mega long nails ...And real :eek:

Perhaps you could suggest chevrons instead (i.e white polish applied from the outer corner of the smile line diagonally across to the free edge). When I had talons a few years ago this looked a lot better than white tips the same length as the nail bed Uurghhh!!!:)

:green: if you want natural looking whites then all you have to do is using your thumb put it across the nail then with an air brush spray very fine mists of white or other virsions of white then spray with sealer an then cover nail with a clear pink or clear peachy top coat! this method gives a soft smile line!!

Wow those are lovely, are all the products by creative, i feel a spend coming on! :hug:
Yes they are all CND products...these are the French manicured natural nails that I did for my new daughter-in-law when she married my youngest son last May...she has lovely long nail beds ro work on:)

here is mine, it is my first go at french, i done mine black and use pink silver foil aswell for something different. i done them on my own hands

nails1-1.jpg
nails-1.jpg

Jess

I think that these black french tips are enhancements and NOT a painted French on natural nails, am I right?? I think this thread was asking about painted French manicures not French enhancements.

Latest posts

Back