Show us your lashes!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1387134111.558273.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1387134134.374461.jpg

C curl 16,15,13

Thanks for ur advice! Do either of these glues make ur eyes water? Only reason I ask is when I used to get my lashes done, the lady used a glue that was so strong and "fumey" my eyes used to water a lot!! I obviously want to avoid that!! 😁

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

With any stronger glue if you open your eyes too soon they will sting because of the fume. It should make them water during the treatment. I get my clients to lie there for an extra 5/10 minutes and get them to open their eyes. If it stings they've to shut them again till it's fully dry xx

With any stronger glue if you open your eyes too soon they will sting because of the fume. It should make them water during the treatment. I get my clients to lie there for an extra 5/10 minutes and get them to open their eyes. If it stings they've to shut them again till it's fully dry xx

Ok, thanks for ur help. I get worried that I have glued their eyes shut haha, so I get my clients to open them every 10 minutes or so!! Think it's just paranoia cos I'm quite new to it!! Has that ever happened to u? And if so how did u resolve the problem??xx

05-12-13, 09:49 PM
INTERESTING LEARNING CURVE FOR ME TODAY.

This might be really helpful for new lashers

I currently use and love sky glue / best Glue I've worked with / however had a lady today complaining of it stinging so I had to switch to my lashbase sensitive glue.

Omg I realised how difficult it is to lash without a good glue:

My lashes wouldn't bond, they wouldn't stay straight and when released were all sticking together / something I never had probs with, usually I just plop the lash on and release.

In a nut shell u need a good glue to get good lashes, I never realised before today how important it is / so for all those new lashers that are struggling with stickies - it's most likely your glue and not you
Hth

Lielash- where do I get this sky glue? Did you say it's on your website? I couldn't see it. Are there several different ones? Which one do you use? X x

Ok, thanks for ur help. I get worried that I have glued their eyes shut haha, so I get my clients to open them every 10 minutes or so!! Think it's just paranoia cos I'm quite new to it!! Has that ever happened to u? And if so how did u resolve the problem??xx

I sometimes get the one that's stuck, I had one on a set today in fact. To check if you get a mascara wand and either move to look like up at the lashes or just look over and brush them up you will be able to see if any are stuck without having to open their eyes all the time. If one gets stuck I just gently pull it apart. Or sometimes when they open their eye it just releases itself anyways xx

05-12-13, 09:49 PM

I currently use and love sky glue / best Glue I've worked with / however had a lady today complaining of it stinging so I had to switch to my lashbase sensitive glue.

My lashes wouldn't bond, they wouldn't stay straight and when released were all sticking together / something I never had probs with, usually I just plop the lash on and release.

In a nut shell u need a good glue to get good lashes, I never realised before today how important it is / so for all those new lashers that are struggling with stickies - it's most likely your glue and not you
Hth

Lielash- where do I get this sky glue? Did you say it's on your website? I couldn't see it. Are there several different ones? Which one do you use? X x

I will certainly change my glue. I think I couldn't do a full set cuz my glue is so slow to set but can you tell me where to get ? X

This may sound silly, but how high up do you place your eye pads / tape on the lower lashes?

Do you completely cover the lash so your basically on the water line or do you leave a little mm gap?

Photos would be great if possible

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1387233206.447550.jpgthis is my third one now . I did about 25 lashes each and they are 7,9and few 11 it's was difficult cuz her lashes hasn't got much curve and hasn't got much long lashes and baby lashes very fine easy stick on others .

The only client I can use 15mm lashes on.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1387233583.555149.jpg

View attachment 50654this is my third one now . I did about 25 lashes each and they are 7,9and few 11 it's was difficult cuz her lashes hasn't got much curve and hasn't got much long lashes and baby lashes very fine easy stick on others .

I just did a thread asking for help on lashing very fine eyelashes. Not easy stuff! So well done. X

Love this before and after shot of some Nouveau Express Lashes I did - if you look closely, you can just make out the hint of purple in the extensions! :) Love this technique.

Attachments

• 960079_259161704241278_30755776_n.jpg
    960079_259161704241278_30755776_n.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 255
And for those of you wondering what LVL is.... Here's a great example of how it can lift someone's face....

Attachments

• Dawn LVL Full Face.jpg
    Dawn LVL Full Face.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 259
And for the traditional.... some S/P's....

Attachments

• Ali Xtreme.jpg
    Ali Xtreme.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 225
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1387402015.141321.jpg
My first set yesterday.... Anything u can see that's wrong please?
And here is one of my boyfriends eyes (he only let me do 1!!) haha but I got practice in isolation so I was happy!
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1387402098.195071.jpg

Hi ladies

For those that do 3D/volume lashes how much do you charge? Do you charge more than you charge for individuals?

My training is January but just wondering xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1387489084.357057.jpgusing c curl 11 and 13 xx

Hey everyone..living now in a country where there are only a handful of properly trained EE technicians. I had to learn lash extension application while visiting in USA..been doing that for around a year ...Now I keep hearing more and more about 3D lashes.
As there is no one in me in the region who does this, I have no one to properly train me in the technique of 3D lashing. I have decided that till I can afford to learn this properly abroad, I will try to figure out the technique on my own so I can start practicing. I purchased some .7s and Im still trying to decide how to use them. Any advice at all is greatly appreciated. Do I stack them one by one? Or do I apply all 3-4 at ounce grabbing a selection together, dipping the whole bouquet into a group in a fan like way, and apply on lash (like a knot lash?)
Really want to start understanding this technique better...no info for application online for what I can see..

Hth

Hey, where do you buy this glue from? Online search didnt bring up anything (using my mobile so maybe why!)

I currently use glam lash glue, i do like it but sometimes I find it can clump or the lashes twist so it's maybe not setting ikick enough!

Latest posts

Back