Show us your lashes!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I should of mentioned with those lashes is this client couldn't get to me over the Christmas period due to tonsillitis, so she had a friend do cluster lashes from boots. She had a very bad reaction to the glue and every time she rubbed her eyes, a lot of her natural lashes came out! As you can see from her before picture there are lots of gaps in her lashes, so when I said volume I didn't technically mean 'Volume Lashes' (I do know that they are shorter feathery lashes). I meant more that I had used a few 0.07 lashes to one natural lash rather than 1:1 with a thicker lash!
I only started using salon geek yesterday and feel a little upset having been told I need to practice.. I have been trained in lash extensions for well over a year, didn't think I would get told that after my first post :(:/

What I should of mentioned with those lashes is this client couldn't get to me over the Christmas period due to tonsillitis, so she had a friend do cluster lashes from boots. She had a very bad reaction to the glue and every time she rubbed her eyes, a lot of her natural lashes came out! As you can see from her before picture there are lots of gaps in her lashes, so when I said volume I didn't technically mean 'Volume Lashes' (I do know that they are shorter feathery lashes). I meant more that I had used a few 0.07 lashes to one natural lash rather than 1:1 with a thicker lash!
I only started using salon geek yesterday and feel a little upset having been told I need to practice.. I have been trained in lash extensions for well over a year, didn't think I would get told that after my first post :(:/

But using multiple 0.07s per natural lash IS volume lashing. And unless you have trained in advanced techniques you can't apply more that 1 extension per 1 natural lash (my insurance states so anyway!)
Don't be upset though! I think everyone is only out to help you and your clients natural lashes! Tone of voice can't be portrayed too well over written text so try to read everything in a positive light if possible.
Though considering the damage from clusters I'm sure most of us would recommend you go much shorter with extensions so that her natural lashes recover sooner etc.
Also, have you considered using a stronger curl or L+ curl so that you see more of the extension length when eyes are open and as a result could use shorter lashes anyway but still have a big impact. Just a thought :)
X

Okie doke, I went back and had a little look at the before and after pics. I must admit that when someone says "volume set" I automatically think of 3d - 6d volume technique so apologies for my misunderstanding.

However :). These extensions are too long fir recovering natural lashes. You would get a beautiful look by coming down to an 8mm in the inner corner and graduating up in length then coming down slightly at the outer. Applying .15 or 2 x .10 will give a gorgeous set of extensions without overloading the nat lash.

No need to be upset, this is a site to learn and glean info, if we all said nothing how would we ever improve :) xx

Does anyone do 3d-6d lashes in croydon area ?? Really want them done for my wedding in May, please message me (prices or perhaps we could do a swap I do hair and beauty)xx

P1060655-001.jpgA set of lashes I did today using J curl 10x.15, 9x.15 and 7x.15 - client has very short fine lashes.P1060654-001.JPG

P1060656-001.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392665350.904042.jpg some volume lashes from last week

My latest set- I've been qualified about 2 weeks and I love doing lashes. This is my 8th set. B curl, 0.15, 11/9/7ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392683175.763969.jpg

Lie lash I have been watching your tutorials on YouTube... Learnt more from you than I ever did on my course!! Thank you xxx

Lie lash I have been watching your tutorials on YouTube... Learnt more from you than I ever did on my course!! Thank you xxx

I've tried to search for the tutorials you mentioned here on youtube, I've not had any luck. How can I find them? Thanks
Hollie

Hi
I typed in eyelash extensions Kent into YouTube xx

Hi just finished my 5th set would love a little feedback? Feel a bit more confident now, managed to get in more lashes than my last time, probably due to the fact I bought a lamp! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392826199.736763.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392847551.392215.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392847568.626654.jpg
A classic set, natural with a flash of purple.
I'm slowly starting to introduce my clients to coloured lashes - at first they are not sure but once they have had them and had comments they can't be without them.
Give it a go ladies - blues purples and greens seem to work the best on eyes.

Right I desperately need some help to find out why when I do a full set that's taking me hours and they are coming out like a half set, I am getting loads of lashes on but they are just not looking full at all. They look like they would when they are due for a top up after two weeks. I only had my training 3 weeks ago and picked it up really well but getting the full look is a struggle.

On the other hand iv just done a top up on my friend and they have come out looking lovely a full and iv compared them to an experiences lasher and you can't really tell the difference.

PLEASE HELP !!! Xxx

Right I desperately need some help to find out why when I do a full set that's taking me hours and they are coming out like a half set, I am getting loads of lashes on but they are just not looking full at all. They look like they would when they are due for a top up after two weeks. I only had my training 3 weeks ago and picked it up really well but getting the full look is a struggle.

On the other hand iv just done a top up on my friend and they have come out looking lovely a full and iv compared them to an experiences lasher and you can't really tell the difference.

PLEASE HELP !!! Xxx

What lengths are you using and which curl,
To get more volume you need to keep them shorter and be using more towards a c curl.

As you are new to lashing you may fall into the ways that most newbies do thinking the longest thickest lashes will give the look you want, they won't but will cause the natural lashes damage instead.
Stick to 8mm, 10mm, 12mm in 0.15 curl and possibly 0.20 c curl (if they have good strong lashes) and see how this goes.

Here are some of my favourite lashes. Would love some feedback please :)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392880781.649340.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392880789.567306.jpg

Lisa 😃

What lengths are you using and which curl,
To get more volume you need to keep them shorter and be using more towards a c curl.

As you are new to lashing you may fall into the ways that most newbies do thinking the longest thickest lashes will give the look you want, they won't but will cause the natural lashes damage instead.
Stick to 8mm, 10mm, 12mm in 0.15 curl and possibly 0.20 c curl (if they have good strong lashes) and see how this goes.

Hey Bonkers

Thanks for the reply, I only trained 3 weeks ago, I am using C curl mostly no longer than 11mm, used a few 12mm on my friend who needed a little extra length, then using 8/9mm to fill them out. I watched eyelash extensions in kent on youtube as recommended by another geek and have followed how she said to do it but its just not happening except with an infill. It would literally take me about 4 hours to achieve the full look.

So its sounds like im doing what you suggested, do you think it will just come with time when I get faster? Im wondering whether the jade stone is slowing me down because im having to do a lot of moving around. Was going to order some glue rings to see if that helps. Also wanted to try a faster glue because I think my glue is slowing me down because im having to wait for it to dry before I stop isolating a particular lash.

I feel like im never going to get faster!!

If you want to send me some pics I can have a look and suggest anything if you like. I really don't think you should worry and compare yourself to videos you have seen it really dies cone with practice.
You will get faster and they will get fuller don't put yourself down xx

Last edited:
These are a volume set 2d-3d only 50% coverage so still nice and natural but full and fluffy ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392894762.751912.jpg

If you want to send me some pics I can have a look and suggest anything if you like. I really don't think you should worry and compare yourself to videos you have seen it really dies cone with practice.
You will get faster and they will get fuller don't put yourself down xx

How shall i send them? Post them on here?

Latest posts

Back