Show us your lashes!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1393186775.482993.jpg

Most brands of PBT Silk fiber start tapering closer to the end of the lash where Mink fiber start the tapering closer to the base. This is why I prefer the Silk. I seldom use any lash thicker than a 0.12 diameter. Most of my applications are double lash. Get a fast setting (1 second) adhesive and you will be lashing at a much faster speed. The thinner lashes are easier to apply once you have isolated the natural lash. And once the natural lash has been isolated, it only takes seconds to add an additional lash.

Most brands of PBT Silk fiber start tapering closer to the end of the lash where Mink fiber start the tapering closer to the base. This is why I prefer the Silk. I seldom use any lash thicker than a 0.12 diameter. Most of my applications are double lash. Get a fast setting (1 second) adhesive and you will be lashing at a much faster speed. The thinner lashes are easier to apply once you have isolated the natural lash. And once the natural lash has been isolated, it only takes seconds to add an additional lash.

Thank you. I'm taking everything on board. Can't wait to try some silk lashes. :)

Here's a full set I done tonight - b curl 8,9,10,11 .20ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1393282355.809606.jpg

These are 0.1 lashes done in a "2d" way :).

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1393288315807.jpg
    1393288315807.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 228
  • 1393288343904.jpg
    1393288343904.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 238
And these are 0.15 synthetic mink. 15,14 & 13. The girl had an amazing set of natural lashes

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1393288520176.jpg
    1393288520176.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 265
Doing my 1st set of lashes tonight after my course, soooo nervous !!

Doing my 1st set of lashes tonight after my course, soooo nervous !!

im sure you will be fine dont forget before and after pics so you can see your progression and dont be too hard on yourself. The work you will produce tonight will be a million times better in a few months and a few years xxxx

Urgent! Client due in 20 mins and it seems I'm out of eye patches!!!?? What can I do?!

May have to use tape 😭😭😂😂😂😂

Urgent! Client due in 20 mins and it seems I'm out of eye patches!!!?? What can I do?!

Mp tape? X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks ladies. Had a mini meltdown! I never run out of things- can't believe it!

I'll just remove sticky on her and then apply to lower lashes where the patch normally would be. Fingers crossed!

This thread (actually this site in general) is amazing! I love you guys *big squishy hug*

I trained back in Dec 2012 but was too intimidated to actually start practising. I did maybe two half sets, was horrible at it (not the application, just the amount of time and how simple it looked after!!) and didn't even bother to complete my physical exam yet for it. I keep saying I will, keep putting it off.

Then I started working fulltime elsewhere, was busy bridal season with makeup bookings, was out of the country for a few months marrying the love of my life and used every excuse possible not to start. On and off I kept referring back to this site for research.

Now I ran out of excuses.

I've done another set on my mom, isolating is getting easier but it was still looking way to natural. I think I spent almost 5 hours on this thread alone today going through styles, studying sizes (research is my safety blanket lol), thickness's, glues etc and I am pumped! My old glue is no longer effective but I'll be practising with my regular lash glue just to stay familiar with it until the new stuff comes in.

I'm getting rid of my J curls (not tossing them, just putting them aside) and putting in an order for the following:

8mm, 10mm, 12mm and 14mm in .20, C Curls
10mm, 13mm and 15mm in .15, C Curls
A good glue
Some more tape (I used regular tape on my mom because my gelpads kept slipping - oh man, thank god it was my mom and not a client!)

What I'm trying to say to everyone is THANK YOU!! After 98 pages of reading on this thread today I'm more confident and I'm super excited to get practising to actually finish my course exam.

Ok girls den my 1 st set last nite was more like a half set was so nervous and my client had lashes that curled up down and out didn't know what to do with them!!! :( then 2 lower lashes stuck to top even tho I thought I'd the pad on perfect :(

One of today's lashes, she had very straight lashes as you can see ☺️ XxImageUploadedBySalonGeek1393436462.540015.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1393436471.355232.jpg

Yesterday's lashes ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1393439809.008706.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1393439819.090822.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1393439827.108620.jpg

What you think? X

Latest posts

Back