Show us your tattoos/what are their meanings?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elaine Armani

Reaction score
I'm interested in seeing everyone's tattoos and hearing the story or meaning behind them!
I'm getting one on my forearm in a couple of weeks and it means a lot to me.
I love hearing meanings to them so if would be great if those of you that have some to share :D
Xx

I have 4!! But want MORE. I have started an addiction.

I have dad and wings on my wrist

A bow on the side of my other wrist

A rose and swirls down my rib cage.

And a saying all down my inner arm.

Xx

I have 4!! But want MORE. I have started an addiction.

I have dad and wings on my wrist

A bow on the side of my other wrist

A rose and swirls down my rib cage.

And a saying all down my inner arm.

Xx

I have so many meaningful tattoos I want I'm scared I'm going to end up addicted!! xx

I HATE TATTOOS ELAINE...

probably stems from my 17 year old daughter who has four tattoos and 30+ piercings and wasn't even old enough to have them!......I like to ban them all to be honest.

I'm all for Katie Hopkins comments on this subject!

I've said my bit I'll quieten down and compose myself now. ha ha :lol:

PS I'm sure your tattoos look great..

I HATE TATTOOS ELAINE...

probably stems from my 17 year old daughter who has four tattoos and 30+ piercings and wasn't even old enough to have them!......I like to ban them all to be honest.

Hahah virtues I was waiting for you to comment :D :D
The one I'm getting is more to represent my past and how I've come out of the bad stage. Personally I don't like huge tattoos of huge pictures and etc but I guess each to their own :) I also dislike piercings!

I have 12 😱 and they all mean something to me. Mainly my daisy chain going from my ribs to my thigh(my wedding flowers) and a flower my brother had sketched(he has now passed) 3 pink stars and one blue (me, my sisters and my bro) love tats x

Ah also my scissors and comb one x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389198051.728305.jpg

I have a tattoo on my bottom cheek. The design itself is fairly irrelevant although there is significant meaning behind why I had it done.
I am now 43 and am a nurse. When I was 17 I started my nurse training and when I was 18 I was busy studying for exams and living my life having a great time. I was rostered to care for a number of patients, including Frank.
Frank was ok I suppose, but his wife was always there annoying us and being needy and demanding and it was a bit of a pain when we had to look, after him as it took so much time and couldn't be rushed and we would often end up missing breaks because of the time it took to care for him properly.
One day Frank was alone, and as we were used to his wife talking all the time it was fairly obvious to all of us it was a bit quiet. So I started chatting to Frank. He was covered in tattoos so it seemed an obvious conversational point. We listened to him as he described what every tattoo meant. We finished caring for him and came back after our shift ended to listen to him some more. We requested to work with Frank because he was so fascinating. He had been everywhere and done everything, and it was all documented by his tattoos. When he died I went to the tattoos parlour ( which was actually a little uncommon in those days tbh and had a tattoo on my bum.
My reasoning was that one day when I was old and ill in hospital and needing care someone might turn me over to wash me and realise that I had been young too, and might have interesting stories to tell, and to remind them I am not just a job to get done but a real person.
I will always remember Frank, and it completely moulded how I have worked as a nurse and have acted as a person ever since.

I HATE TATTOOS ELAINE...

Are you now telling me you're NOT Katie Hopkins? I'm disappointed. :cry:

Do none of you worry about?

Getting aids, HIV,hepatitis? You show me a environmental health officer with tattoo. Yes I do tattoos myself. I'm strict. There are some tattooist I would not trust to put my health at risk. They live chaotic lives and no way would I trust a tattooist I know personally.

Looking like a dated tattooed chic in a decades time?

I'm not trying to be controversial just wondering if any of you forward think and do you have pension policy?

Last edited:

Getting aids, HIV,hepatitis? You show me a environmental health officer with tattoo. Yes I do tattoos myself. I'm strict. There are some tattooist I would not trust to put my health at risk. They live chaotic lives and no way would I trust a tattooist I know personally.

Looking like a dated tattooed chic in a decades time?

I'm not trying to be controversial just wondering if any of you forward think and do you have pension policy?

If it was a temporary thing, for say like 6 months I might get one on my bum "wrong way, go back" for a laugh (only hubby would see it). but even now I'm too old and would look incredibly stupid. When I'm 75 I'll look even more stupid in my twin set and pearls and loafers with a dirty great big tattoo with "Dave" blazoned across my calf. Partially hidden by support tights. Lol.
When I was a child a tattoo was for either navy guys or people who had their concentration camp number tattooed on their forearms. Ive seen a few of those. Not nice.
I would also be worried about hygiene.

Ooh I LOVE tattoos. I have plans for more I've done 2 on myself (they were crap with a friends tattoo gun)
But my proper one is of my dear cat Benni, it would be a very long story but he passed away so sadly and only 18 months. He was very special and had such a character, he used to fetch and do as he was told and follow my bf everywhere! Even the toilet. I'm still sad about it and will be forever.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389207937.880320.jpg
I'm sitting a bit twisted in the pic so it looks a little odd, and the photo the tattoo artist used was the original, it was flipped so the tattoo was copied exactly.

Ooh I LOVE tattoos. I have plans for more I've done 2 on myself (they were crap with a friends tattoo gun)
But my proper one is of my dear cat Benni, it would be a very long story but he passed away so sadly and only 18 months. He was very special and had such a character, he used to fetch and do as he was told and follow my bf everywhere! Even the toilet. I'm still sad about it and will be forever.
View attachment 52164
I'm sitting a bit twisted in the pic so it looks a little odd, and the photo the tattoo artist used was the original, it was flipped so the tattoo was copied exactly.

Why not get a lovely painting done instead? Lovely work, the tattoo but would a portrait of cat not of sufficed?

that's like saying do people who get waxed etc not worry about being cross infected with previous customers infections.... health and safety procedures are there for a reason. if I worried about every single thing like that I did I wouldn't leave my house☺️ I could eat my dinner off the floor in the studio I get tattooed in its spotless!

I have 11 tattoos and 8 piercings.. I can cover all but two up which are tiny. my fave of all is my smiley piercing x ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389210137.003342.jpg

when I roll the ring round straight u can't see it at all unless I burst out into a huge laugh or in total shock 😱😂x

I love tattoos. I have 3 on my foot/ leg that are slowly merging into one as I've been adding to them. I don't think a tattoo is ever truly finished as I always think of something to add haha!!

I'm sure on the other tattoo thread (that got closed I think) someone put something like

'The only difference between people with tattoos,and without tattoos, is that people with tattoos don't judge others for having them'

I like that it's true haha.
I don't see what the big deal is it's still skin it's just a different colour. And in a decades time I'll just look like all the other people I know with tattoos. So what haha.

I don't judge old people who I know now for having them. That's just what they look like, that's them, and that's that lol.

Love that above about Frank. It's Loverly.

Laura xx

View attachment 52164

Love this!

I have six, all have meanings but my main one is a small one, guns and roses lyrics (my late uncles favourite band) with a music note going into wings at the top :) xxx

Latest posts

Back