Show us your tattoos/what are their meanings?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eternalscot your views on tattoos are well known on the site, to say you dislike them is an understatement!

However, this thread is not about who likes them , it just asks people to show their tattoos and explain any meaning behind them.

Unless you have a tattoo then there should be no need to participate in the thread. ;)

I had a tattoo when I turned 34, I have always had a rebellious streak and thought the time was right! I'd just ended a seven year relationship which was not the best, so thought new start new me!
I remember bumping into my parents in town when I was on way to appointment and my dad looked horrified but at the end if the day my body! And I also NEVER regret my past I always look and learn from it, I'm happy with my bow , I'm a bit boring these days but I look at it and have a little cheeky smile :) ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389261045.395133.jpg

Eternalscot your views on tattoos are well known on the site, to say you dislike them is an understatement!

However, this thread is not about who likes them , it just asks people to show their tattoos and explain any meaning behind them.

Unless you have a tattoo then there should be no need to participate in the thread. ;)

Oh I wasn't aware of Eternalscots views on them I think I forgot lol had no idea I was wasting my time engaging in debate!

I'm still thinking about frank....,

Just read this thread with interest as I am planning on getting my 1st tattoo in a few weeks time, I am having 4 little birds on my ankle and I can't wait! they represent my little family, my husband thinks I am having a mid life crisis as i'm 37!! any tips on pain relief greatly appreciated as i am a complete wimp! lol x

Actually I think that is unfair. I do tattooing myself (permanent make up) and so this is important to me. I am super careful face mask, gloves, needles, trigene. I know others are not. However, I had to get liver tests done recently and my levels were very high and I'm waiting on a liver scan and been told to stop drinking. When I phoned the GP I told her my occupation and now I am to be tested for hepatitis, might not be but there is a significant risk. All it takes it grabbing a swig of water while working with blood. Down playing risks of tattooing is plain stupid.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389262118.616500.jpg this is mine it's Latin and spells Alis Volat Propriis it means 'she flys with her own wings' :)

Actually I think that is unfair. I do tattooing myself (permanent make up) and so this is important to me. I am super careful face mask, gloves, needles, trigene. I know others are not. However, I had to get liver tests done recently and my levels were very high and I'm waiting on a liver scan and been told to stop drinking. When I phoned the GP I told her my occupation and now I am to be tested for hepatitis, might not be but there is a significant risk. All it takes it grabbing a swig of water while working with blood. Down playing risks of tattooing is plain stupid.

Point taken, can we agree to keep this thread on topic, with the health and safety issues having now been mentioned members can make up their own minds to proceed or not with a tattoo.
What I don't want to see are any judgemental posts on tattoos posted or on who has them. Thank you.

my wedding date
colour scheme in petals and the rose for flowers we had
Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

hmm it wont upload

There's risks with everything in life, not jus tattoos. The amount of people that say 'what about when ur older?' Oh well il be wrinkly,saggy WITH tattoos (no biggy) I don't judge people's choice to smoke, get obese, have unprotected sex. So I don't think people should judge me on body art :) I ❤️It! X

Point taken, can we agree to keep this thread on topic, with the health and safety issues having now been mentioned members can make up their own minds to proceed or not with a tattoo.
What I don't want to see are any judgemental posts on tattoos posted or on who has them. Thank you.

Spot on izzidoll....no need for people to be judgemental, the ones without tattoos are judging us but we are not judging them on their life decisions.

Tattoos are beautiful!!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using SalonGeek mobile app

Heres my tattoo which says "if you dont live for something you'll die for nothing" I got this when I was studying in my second year. It just reminds me of carrying on through the hard times and being determind. My job is my life.

I'm a bit of an addict, I have 12 at the moment and planning to have more
I won't bore you with all of them but here's a couple of special ones, every single one of my tattoos have a meaning and significance to a certain part of my life.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389307910.980141.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389307920.559225.jpg
The first is a portrait of the Virgin Mary, I'm catholic so it represents my religious believes as well as having Mary with me every step of the way protecting me
On my other foot I have 'no guts,no glory' always loved this saying, it's so true! Always reminds me that If I don't have the confidence to do something then I won't benefit from it.
The other picture is a cancer ribbon for my grandad and great nanny who suffered with cancer
I love how you can express yourself through artwork :)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389309067.716120.jpg

Here's a few of my horsy tattoos - got my doggies on my back

All of your tattoos sound so beautiful :) keep them coming

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389351540.556036.jpg
This is my second tattoo, I have been married for 20 years this year, and it's is what my husband and I have said to each other since we became a couple.

View attachment 52303
This is my second tattoo, I have been married for 20 years this year, and it's is what my husband and I have said to each other since we became a couple.

I like that. What my husband and I have always said to each since we became a couple is "I don't like you enough to divorce you"!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389376345.331177.jpgh

A growing heart - love honour obey and our wedding date 👍
My hubby was supposed to be having the same wording without the heart but whimped out !!!!

Laura x

I have two, my first was a red rose on my hip - I told my fiancé that I've always liked the idea of, on valentines day getting a dozen red roses with 11 being real and 1 being fake along with a card saying 'I'll love you til the last one dies' so he paid for my rose tattoo so that he doesn't need to buy a fake rose each year. (Ps excuse the white tinge on the picture of the tattoo, I had just applied the bepanthen to it)

The second is on my wrist with a large heart and two smaller hearts, along with a squiggle and the infinity sign underneath - this was on my wedding invitations (minus the infinity sign) and I added the infinity to represent how long our marriage will last.

They sound totally soppy but I personally wouldn't want a tattoo unless it had a meaning to it. When I have a baby I will get a rose on my other hip in either pink or blue along with their name written in arabic underneath. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389380507.922879.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389380554.133994.jpg

Latest posts

Back