Show us your tattoos/what are their meanings?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 tattoos! Love my cattoo.. My cat has been with me growing up and is like my baby! Love her loads so I got this tattoo on my ankle!

Life is beautiful always reminds me that life is beautiful even when I'm having a down day!! This ones on my rib!
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389217404.572284.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389217250.339076.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389217250.339076.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 488
2 tattoos! Love my cattoo.. My cat has been with me growing up and is like my baby! Love her loads so I got this tattoo on my ankle!

Life is beautiful always reminds me that life is beautiful even when I'm having a down day!! This ones on my rib!
View attachment 52175

That cat is ADORABLE!!!

Laura xx

I've 6 - 4 pretty random ones that don't really have a meaning.

5 is a friends/family ambiogram - kinda self explanatory.

6 is my wee G (for Graeme my hubby) on my wedding finger

Next one is either a Sophie for our wee girl on my wrist or her date of birth in roman numerals on either my collar bone or inner arm.

Xx
Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1389221600348.jpg
    1389221600348.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 441
  • 1389221648786.jpg
    1389221648786.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 462
What is with people who get mum and dad written on them? I don't need a tattoo to remember I have parents. ..Or that I have a daughter. Unfortunately it is engraved in my mind......

What is with people who get mum and dad written on them? I don't need a tattoo to remember I have parents. ..Or that I have a daughter. Unfortunately it is engraved in my mind......

:hug:

Haha. It's not to remember them by. It's sentimental. Keeping them close. It'll be there forever just like you'll be there for your child forever.
I think it's nice.

Laura xx

Also tattoos are highly addictive! At least it's something your never going to regret lol

Laura xx

I have 4 that all mean something
I have my Greek god children's dates of birth in Roman numerals either side of the bottom of my spine, above that I have a Hellenic sun symbol (so the sun always shines on them) and on my hip I have "dream as if you will live forever" this was after a long battle with depression and lots of just want to end it moments. I'm now living my dreams.
My next one is a 3d dragonfly in memory of my gran as she loved dragonflies ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389227605.614397.jpg

My reasoning was that one day when I was old and ill in hospital and needing care someone might turn me over to wash me and realise that I had been young too, and might have interesting stories to tell, and to remind them I am not just a job to get done but a real person.
I will always remember Frank, and it completely moulded how I have worked as a nurse and have acted as a person ever since.

What a beautiful story. My mum is a nurse and I love hearing her tales of the early days on the wards x

My dad passed away when I was 6 suddenly, only have a picture last birthday card and a teddy to remember him by, I live 200 miles from his grave so it's meaningful to me. I have wings around it as my name means the winged one (or the angel of death depending where you read the meaning lol) my dad also had 40+ tattoos. Maybe the addiction is in his blood. Oh I'm left with his ****ty DNA and gorgeous brown eyes too ;) unfortunately have my mothers dumbo ears! Haha.

Each to their own of tattoos, parents everyone cherishes things differently. Xx

I have three big tattoos, rose on mh shoulder, lucky thirteen along my collar bone and stay strong on the inside of my wrist. Ive always wanted a tattoo and after my first i was addicted and got the three done within a year. Tbh all of mine have hidden meanings for my life and they were all personally drawn for me so no one will ever have the same as me.

As for people who want to descriminate and have foul opinions about tattoos, iv met you all heard your stupid opinions and so wat. Ask yourself this did you think about catching anything when you went to get ears pierced. Probs not. But people who have genuine interest in tattoos find the best artist and check out the studio and designs prior to work. Best thing....least ill have a good story to tell when i get older and the dirty looks well they just make me laugh. Dont judge others....they are living their own life and have their own story to tell xx

Sent from my GT-I9305 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have 9 and they all have meanings but I tell people they don't mean anything! They are personal to me and I don't feel the need to justify myself to anyone.

I LOVE those judgmental people who tell me tattoos are horrible and what are you gonna look like when you're older etc etc. I dated a tattooist for a while and had a lot of scowls from my clients for it! Fact was he was an amazing artist an earnt a hell of a lot of money!

They are very addictive and I will deffo be going back for more and more :)

And just to add - you're probably as likely to get aids from a tattoo as you are from a blood test or electrolysis. Ridiculous.

I'm getting the orthodox cross and next to it "with pain, strength found" this represents my life currently. I've been through a lot but getting stronger. It also represents my faith and trust in god through the hard times. I'm getting it on my forearm

I have mixed feelings about tattoos. When I was 20 tattoos were very much related to gypsies ! If I was 20 now (with that figure I used to have that I was proud of) I would have something like a heart on my thigh.

But there is a part of me that feels that it looks like something died on you if you have a tattoo ! :confused:

I'm interested in seeing everyone's tattoos and hearing the story or meaning behind them!
I'm getting one on my forearm in a couple of weeks and it means a lot to me.
I love hearing meanings to them so if would be great if those of you that have some to share :D
Xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389251251.170987.jpgthis is just one of five that I have. This one has meaning though .. Has the first letter of the names of my three boys. I'm particular about tattoos , love them but for me they have to be in the right place and pretty. Couldn't be doing with a big skull on my arm ... Not for me 😉x

I like tattoos!!'
I appreciate the very intricate ones like the cat! The story of frank was lovely!

I don't judge anyone based on tattoos or piercings I don't really care- I think tattoos are widely accepted these days, although in certain situations I think facial piercings should be removed I.e working with food etc. and to be fair my sister as a tattoo on her face which I wasn't sure about (classic slightly tacky teardrop)!!!

I've got 7 now, I got the addiction since I had my first at 17, I have some random stars in my shoulder, my name in Arabic on my foot (it's one of the most well known Arabic girls names) to make a few oh and me and my partner have the same tattoo - our year of birth in Roman numerals!

I don't worry about HIV as such but I do make sure they open fresh needles etc! It's pretty hard to contract HIV through tattoos unless your having it done at the same time as an infected person?! The virus doesn't live long outside the body!

I think I have enough now though, two of line are visible but noone ever notices I have them cos they are quite small/slim.
I don't want anymore although I might get one covered, but my partner wants a whole sleeve doing over 2014!

My partners brother had "only god can judge me" written down his arm and he fell through a mirror a few weeks ago!
They stitched it back as best they could it's like a patchwork quilt now really not sure what it actually reads though lol!

This is my fav one- my sons initials in a design!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389253514.375906.jpg

It is not unheard of to get blood diseases from tattooist especially if they have cheap machines. In 1996 in Tayside a permanent make up artist infected six people with hepatitis. They do not ban you from giving blood for no reason it's as dodgy as being promiscuous!

It is not unheard of to get blood diseases from tattooist especially if they have cheap machines. In 1996 in Tayside a permanent make up artist infected six people with hepatitis. They do not ban you from giving blood for no reason it's as dodgy as being promiscuous!

No that's not true, in fact I haven't heard of recent cases where people have got blood borne illnesses during a tattoo have you? That case was 17 years ago? Yet people continue to get HIV and hepatitis etc constantly through promiscuity!

During unprotected sex direct body fluids are exchanged. During tattooing the body fluids leave the body and HIV only survives for about 10 seconds hence why I said unless your literally sharing the needle and tattooing at the same time it's hard to get HIV!

Granted Hepatitis can live for longer outside the body so is more likely I suppose but it's still very different to sleeping around!

No that's not true, in fact I haven't heard of recent cases where people have got blood borne illnesses during a tattoo have you? That case was 17 years ago? Yet people continue to get HIV and hepatitis etc constantly through promiscuity!

During unprotected sex direct body fluids are exchanged. During tattooing the body fluids leave the body and HIV only survives for about 10 seconds hence why I said unless your literally sharing the needle and tattooing at the same time it's hard to get HIV!

Granted Hepatitis can live for longer outside the body so is more likely I suppose but it's still very different to sleeping around!

Look up the recent stats individuals with hepatitis FIVE times more likely to have a tattoo!

Latest posts

Back