Showering after spray tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alana

Reaction score
How many hours should you really leave it untill you advise clients they can have a shower?
I know its great if they can sleep in it, but what do you think the minimum is?
Is it really likely to effect the outcome??

Ive always been told & advise a minimum of 5 hours. Ive never tried sleeping it though.

It does vary depending on which solution and system you use but I try and encourage minimum 6 hours but preferably 8.

do you think if it was only 6 hours the end result would be poor??

Just asking as I had tan left over so kept it in the bottle after my client and used it on myself at about 3.30, but would like to have a bath at 9?????

Lol

Well the tan can take anything up to 24 hours to fully develop. I have always believed that 5 hours is the minimum but 8 preferably. If a client has a tan later in the day, I always suggest they leave it on overnight, but if they have one in the morning, then I say they would be fine to shower after 8 hours if they like.

I was once told that if someone didn't have enough time to develop the tan, they could have a stronger % ie 12% instead of their normal 8% just for example and shower off in 4 hours and this would give the darker colour some time to develop but not fully so really ending up with around a 5 or 8%. I have never tried it so I can't vouch for the tip. :)

Hi Jen

You are absolutely spot on as always! If you do not have the time to develop, you can use a higher strength solution and leave it on for less time to achieve a great result. It is not something I would do on a regular basis but for those one off occasion's its fine.

My personal preference is to have a tan in the morning and let it develop over 8 hours then shower off. Wearing it overnight is great but you find the result is not always as good as you get tan on your hands if you touch your face or legs etc when you are asleep - always suggest PJ's!!

Mandy

Hi Jen

You are absolutely spot on as always! If you do not have the time to develop, you can use a higher strength solution and leave it on for less time to achieve a great result. It is not something I would do on a regular basis but for those one off occasion's its fine.

My personal preference is to have a tan in the morning and let it develop over 8 hours then shower off. Wearing it overnight is great but you find the result is not always as good as you get tan on your hands if you touch your face or legs etc when you are asleep - always suggest PJ's!!

Mandy

It was probably you Mandy that give me this advise initially lol!!! :hug:

Latest posts

Back