Shrinkies help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

megan7775

Reaction score
I've recently introduced shrinkies to my services & I've been using them in clients with fine hair since they are less visible than micro rings.

I've read that shrinkies should stay solid for 3 months - however my clients are losing them, sometimes the shrinkie is coming off but the hair remains in place, which I don't understand.

I am heating the shrinkie for around 6-7 seconds & that's it. Should I be using the pliers to squash it after its heated or doing something else?

Many thanks x

Are your clients leaving them after fitting for a couple of days before washing?

Do they have greasy hair? Are they applying conditioner to roots?

You should heat the tube until it starts to bubble then remove the heat, no need to do anything further x

Are your clients leaving them after fitting for a couple of days before washing?

Do they have greasy hair? Are they applying conditioner to roots?

You should heat the tube until it starts to bubble then remove the heat, no need to do anything further x

Hi, I've told my clients to leave washing for at least 3-4 days & never use conditioner or oil near the roots. So I should leave it till it bubbles? I thought when it bubbled I was melting the tip of the hair, so tend to remove the heat before it bubbled. I've seen another post on here by connect2hair saying u should squeeze the air out after its been heated?

X

When I do shrinkies I heat until I hear a crackle then roll it like I would pre bonds, helps let all the air out and seals them, iv never had a problem with them coming out x

Are the Shrinkies adhesive lined? Is your client following correct aftercare?

When I do shrinkies I heat until I hear a crackle then roll it like I would pre bonds, helps let all the air out and seals them, iv never had a problem with them coming out x

This is what I do too :)

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

Bubbling was probably the wrong word - its that hiss and bubble of the glue that you hear, thats when I take away the heat. I do not tend to roll though, never noticed any air at all in bonds, they are always lovely and snug. Are you certain that you are putting enough of the clients hair through?

You can tell when you have heated too much as the tube splits lol

Are the Shrinkies adhesive lined? Is your client following correct aftercare?

I'm not sure, I bought them from extensionelle. I've just looked at the advert & it doesn't specify. Should I be looking for some that are adhesive lined? X

Bubbling was probably the wrong word - its that hiss and bubble of the glue that you hear, thats when I take away the heat. I do not tend to roll though, never noticed any air at all in bonds, they are always lovely and snug. Are you certain that you are putting enough of the clients hair through?

You can tell when you have heated too much as the tube splits lol

Ok maybe I'm not heating them quite long enough. I'm taking hair of similar amount to the extension.

Ok maybe I'm not heating them quite long enough. I'm taking hair of similar amount to the extension.

Which stick tips are you using?

I've had the same problem with Extensionelle shrinkies. They seem very thick, too. Not sure I will use them again!

I'm using glam lengths itips x

I have not used them so unsure how big they are - Perhaps the tubes you are using are not that great? Studio 58s are really nice, all of the fittings I have done last well and only a couple of people lose them (my daughter being one but shes a total nightmare at looking after hair extensions).

I have not used them so unsure how big they are - Perhaps the tubes you are using are not that great? Studio 58s are really nice, all of the fittings I have done last well and only a couple of people lose them (my daughter being one but shes a total nightmare at looking after hair extensions).

Ok thanks ill order some x

Latest posts

Back