Sick days?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the record the clients see first hand how hard it is to pick up the pieces when someone rings in sick, some long term clients would even stay just to lend a hand, it's not easy running a fully booked salon with no help!

I said if there taking the piss by phoning in sick fair enough.

Wow, I haven't been on here in a while, and yet reading this I feel I've never been a way...sigh.

There is a big difference between being off work through illness and 'throwing a sickie' i.e. malingering.
If you are malingering and your employer catches you out then it is gross misconduct and you can be sacked. End of.
If you are genuinely ill then you will require to hand in a fit note from your doctor, and if off for more than a week your will get statutory sick pay.

Unfortunately we are in an Industry where it is a huge deal if you call in sick at short notice, as others have mentioned clients need to be rebooked and the rest of the team need to step up. This is okay once in a while and when it is genuine, but someone who constantly calls in sick is really not being a team player and resentment will soon kick in and can cause the team to break down completely.

I can't see why we don't all agree on this one, no matter how the message has been put across.
No one has said people who are genuinely ill should be made to work.

I find it unbelievable just how unprofessional you salon owners behave on these forums......arguing about your salon protocols with other Salon Geeks??? Surely you all have a reputation to look after???

Us salon owners are comparing notes on how we run our salons and we all seem to be of a similar view. Time wasters shouldn't be tolerated.

I'd queue up to go to kahuna's salon. From the many many supportive posts she's put on here, she sounds like she really knows her stuff - and I know nothing about hair! It also sounds like she runs a tight ship so if I booked an appointment, chances are it won't have to be changed or cancelled due to staff sickness!

Many comments on here have been made tongue in cheek but have been taken literally which is shame as most of the geeks who have commented positively and humorously are running well established businesses and give a lot of time and support to newer geeks.

None of us deserve to be slated!

Vic x

Sent from my SM-N910F using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
If there sunning it up on a beach like you said posting pictures on social media when on a sick day fair enough!
But if like my personal circumstances the now you sometimes do need to give employee's the benefit of the doubt.
That's all.

Thank you vic ☺️ x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back