Side chipping: advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MsAqua

Reaction score
hi all,
(CND gel user)

Yesterday I had a client tell me that I need to do her gel thicker....:eek: She has quite small nails and there was some lifting issues initially, but we have those sorted now - I was making the gel too thick therefore there was no flex/give and this caused lifting. She stated that when they were thicker there was no chipping on the side (but there was terrible lift - which I didn't mention to her!).

She seems to be fairly hard on her nails and always has chips...(I say this because mine are paper thin and I never break one! - touch wood). She is now blamming my application (being too thin) on the side chipping?? Could this be me? I'm confident the apex is built nicely and I saw recently on here that the product should only be credit card thickness - her's is still thicker than this! I don't want to make them thicker because I have to work harder to get the product off if there is any lift and it causes stress to the gel.

Some ladies return with perfect nails (I love these clients), some with a chip of two and others with no nails (they pull them off)!!!! Please, please tell me that you often get ladies return with chips... (well some anyway). Perhaps she is a candidate for acrylic, as they are harder?

I'm not saying I'm perfect, but I don't recall her training in nails....!!
What would you tell this lady? I was thinking of suggesting that she try another tech?:green: What would you ladies suggest?

You can make the sidewalls a little thicker without compromising the thickness of the overall enhancements.

hi all,
(CND gel user)

Yesterday I had a client tell me that I need to do her gel thicker....:eek: She has quite small nails and there was some lifting issues initially, but we have those sorted now - I was making the gel too thick therefore there was no flex/give and this caused lifting. She stated that when they were thicker there was no chipping on the side (but there was terrible lift - which I didn't mention to her!).

She seems to be fairly hard on her nails and always has chips...(I say this because mine are paper thin and I never break one! - touch wood). She is now blamming my application (being too thin) on the side chipping?? Could this be me? I'm confident the apex is built nicely and I saw recently on here that the product should only be credit card thickness - her's is still thicker than this! I don't want to make them thicker because I have to work harder to get the product off if there is any lift and it causes stress to the gel.

Some ladies return with perfect nails (I love these clients), some with a chip of two and others with no nails (they pull them off)!!!! Please, please tell me that you often get ladies return with chips... (well some anyway). Perhaps she is a candidate for acrylic, as they are harder?

I'm not saying I'm perfect, but I don't recall her training in nails....!!
What would you tell this lady? I was thinking of suggesting that she try another tech?:green: What would you ladies suggest?

Don't you just love those clients who never take any responsibility for how their nails last????

You have answered y our own question I think. Her problems are down to her and you sound like a good technician who knows what she is doing so somehow you are going to have to get that fact across to in the nicest possible way and leave her response up to her.

I would explain all that you have said about your own experience and other clients' experience with your work and let her decide if she wants to try another technician or not.

Some women are just not realistic where their nails are concerned or about how they treat them. You know your work is sound and that in 9 out of 10 cases it lasts the only difference in the equation is HER and he lack of care and consideration.

Latest posts

Back