Side lifting....?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CorrineC

Reaction score
Hiya All,

Overall I am pretty happy with how my ladies' nails come back to me and never have problems with lifting in zone 3 (at the back), but lately I have had a few come back with lifting at the sides, right in the corners where the free edge starts...? Especially on those who have very 'curvy/curly' nails.. Its between zone 1 and 2 at the sides... Am i making any sense? lol..

I am so confused!! My prep is all good, by the book, i always remove all old lifting before applying new product, my product never goes anywhere near the sidewall/cuticle, i keep it nice and thin towards the sides/cuticle... I just dont know where I am going wrong.. :cry:

Maybe I am trying to 'narrow' the nails too much and taking in the natural nail too much? I dont know.. Please help...

Any help or advice would be soo appreciated..

Thanks in advance.. :)

Corrine.. x

Yes its right at the point where the nail becomes the free edge.. So, after my acrylic application, try not to bring in the sidewalls?

Is there anything else it could be?

Thanks so much.. xx

I think what you're describing is called "curling" I have this problem with my own nails, and for myself I just drill out the lifting under my nail with my e-file, that works fine for me because I know I take great care of my nails. but most of my clients dont,lol, so I usually "wrap" the acrylic around the free edge, I hope that makes sense... I basically pull it over the free edge and adhere it to the underside of the nail (a very very thin layer btw, it shouldn't add bulk) this helps the problem a lot, but don't forget to prep the underside of the freeedge:) hth goodluck!
Posted via Mobile Device

I think you have solved the problem yourself ... :lol:

You are most likely making the nails too thin in this area in an attempt to make them look as natural and sleek as possible (done it myself many times) and this causes more flexibility and movement in this area which in turn causes the product to pull away. There is that fine line between what is what is the most 'natural' looking and what is strong and practical. Find the happy medium by not going too far in this area and I think you will have fixed the problem.

Last edited:
I do this on my nails frustratingly often. My eye can see the line I want to finish with but my nails simply dont want that shape and it either lifts at that point or chips/cracks. With my Brisa this time I just didn't go so thin when I finished my nails and voila, no lifting, cracking or chipping so far and they have been on a week. I do find also that having them a more natural length helps, long how I love them seems to make it worse.

:hug:

i had this problem and i agree it is really frustrating. the problem i had was with the 'ears' of the white. i wasn't making them flush to the nail plate therefore when i applied into zone 2 with the pink there wasn't a tight enough bond where zone 2 met the 'ears' of zone 1, there was a tiny gap that resulted in lifting.

I hope this makes sense to you....ha ha

Thanks all so much for your replies.. I will have to try not take them in so much and so thin on the sides.. I find it so hard to control myself tho, I just want it to be nice and thin and a smooth transition, I dont know how I am gonna learn to stop!! haha lol.. If its not all smooth i worry about lifting, but, then I am causing it at the same time!! Ahh, its a catch 22! haha

Anyway, thanks everyone for your replies, I am gonna try very hard tonight to not go mad with my file.. haha

Thanks, Corrine xox

Latest posts

Back