Sienna x solutions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Urban Geek

Mobile Nail technician
Reaction score
I have 8%, 10% and 12%. I am curious as to how the other solutions compare, in particular the 16%.

Should I go for other Sienna solutions or add another brand to my servicer?

Advice welcome.

Thanks!:hug:

Last edited:
I have 8%, 10% and 12%. I am curious as to how the other solutions compare, in particular the 16%.

Should I go for other Sienna solutions or add another brand to my servicer?

Advice welcome.

Thanks!:hug:

Many therapist carry more than one brand ...sooooooo why not give Sienna x a call and ask for some samples to try for yourself.

HTH :hug:

Many therapist carry more than one brand ...sooooooo why not give Sienna x a call and ask for some samples to try for yourself.

HTH :hug:

Thanks Collin for your feedback! I know a many therapists carry more than one brand but I was just curious as to whether this also applies to those therapists using Sienna X or whether they (Sienna) cover what most clients want with the solutions they provide.

I would ask them for samples but don't really have the time to do much experimenting, especially with the Xmas Season almost upon us.:hug:

Hi I use sienna x and stock 8%, 10%, 12% and have their smaller try it size of 16%. To be honest my clients tend to go mainly for the 8% or 10 % so I personally feel no need to invest in yet more solutions.

I stock more than one tanning brand Chris, one being Sienna. To be honest, the Sienna is the least requested now.

I do think there are other solutions that suit different skin tones better. IMO Sienna isn't as good on the cooler skin tones, and it does really require maintaining properly for an even fade....which yes, I know we should with all brands, but there are others that fade better with no maintenance (trut me...I've been far tooo busy to 'maintain' my own may times - so I know!)

My suggestions for an alternative that complements Sienna would be....

Celebrity Secrets - the React range. IMO the very best all round solution I have ever come across, and I've used/tested plenty!

Vani-T (this range also has the express solution so has differentiation there.

Tantrick Essence of Summer - practically no colour guide, so fantastic for brides (no rub off on a wedding dress if they don't exfoliate first or shower off as well as they should)

And I've just tried the Nouvatan 10% - a sample I was sent a while back and I have to say, I'm vereeeeee impressed so far!

I stock more than one tanning brand Chris, one being Sienna. To be honest, the Sienna is the least requested now.

I do think there are other solutions that suit different skin tones better. IMO Sienna isn't as good on the cooler skin tones, and it does really require maintaining properly for an even fade....which yes, I know we should with all brands, but there are others that fade better with no maintenance (trut me...I've been far tooo busy to 'maintain' my own may times - so I know!)

My suggestions for an alternative that complements Sienna would be....

Celebrity Secrets - the React range. IMO the very best all round solution I have ever come across, and I've used/tested plenty!

Vani-T (this range also has the express solution so has differentiation there.

Tantrick Essence of Summer - practically no colour guide, so fantastic for brides (no rub off on a wedding dress if they don't exfoliate first or shower off as well as they should)

And I've just tried the Nouvatan 10% - a sample I was sent a while back and I have to say, I'm vereeeeee impressed so far!
Thanks Lyndsay - really helpful feedback as always! x:hug:

Re no colour guide with Tantricks Essence of Summer - does that not make the application harder? Excuse me if I am being dumb here:confused:x

I will need to get some samples and try them out.

Thanks! xxx:)

Re no colour guide with Tantricks Essence of Summer - does that not make the application harder? Excuse me if I am being dumb here:confused:x

Yes, initially it does, if you go by the colour guide, but you soon get the hang of it. In fact I'd say it makes you a better spray tanner, as you start to learn how 'wet' the skin should look and you rely less on the colour guide with all solutions. You'll find then, you become more confident at using less solution.

Good lighting helps as you can see the skin easier....I have a bright halogen bulb directly above my tanning area that helps. I find the tan turns out best if the skin has a slightly 'reflective' damp look but not as much as wet. Missed patches if there were any, then look 'matt' in comparison.

Oh why aren't you nearer...we could have such a good time 'practising' :hug: x

Thanks Lyndsay - really helpful feedback as always! x:hug:

I will need to get some samples and try them out.

Thanks! xxx:)

It really isnt that hard to master....the problem is that as therapists who are used to a high initial colour guide the concept of a minimal amount is rather daunting....its really not :hug:

Trust the liquid as it will tan fine and really is a natural "English Rose" summer kind of tan outcome without the initial messy dark colour guide that washes off when you shower.

In fact the thinking is right...better the tan starts slow then develops rather than the mainstream thinking of ...spray tan..initially dark..then shower and light again until the tan develops.
Its fast drying also so opens up much more lunch time trade...a guy or gal can come in at lunchtime ...get sprayed and put back on the white shirt and return to work...no rubbing off or stickiness :hug:

Thanks Lyndsay & Collin - tres helpful! xxx:hug:

Oh why aren't you nearer...we could have such a good time 'practising' :hug: x

Hey hunny - as soon as I finish college and have a life again, I'll be visting you all the time! xxx:)

Latest posts

Back