Sign suggestions for clients arriving early

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warwick Wendy

Reaction score
Hey guys, Am in need of some suggestions................

The treatment room at home is getting busier and busier!! (loving every minute of it) But there is a downside to this, We all need clients to turn up on time but working from home it doesn't help when clients turn up 10-20 minutes early as we have no waiting area (well, I don't anyway) as there is with many salons. So what happens is they ring and ring the bell until I answer, this really doesn't help if I'm finishing up with the previous client,
so................ What I'd like to ask is how do I word a little sign that I can hang next to the door explaining I appreciate them being here ready for their appointment but early isn't helping me lol??

Just a short simple way of saying if I don't answer.....wait!!! (but not that harsh)

Thanks in advance peeps x

how about something simple like "treatment in progress thank you for your patience"

that would make me check my watch and then i would see that i was a tad early :)

how about something simple like "treatment in progress thank you for your patience"

that would make me check my watch and then i would see that i was a tad early :)

I like that but it may stop clients or whoever ringing the bell at all thinknig they are disturbing me (if u know what i mean)

x

I'm not so sure a sign will work, if you have people inconsiderate enough to regularly turn up early knowing last time they did it you still had a client in the chair and had to see them out, then those people are not likely to consider a sign applies to them :irked:

You'd be better off having a chat personally whilst doing their treatment, preferably just as they are leaving so they can think it over once they've left. I know it's hard to word sometimes but you would want your therapist to tell you if you were causing a problem wouldn't you?

I have a similar problem with my home salon but I nipped it early and most people are polite enough to wait until their appointment time now although there always those who think it doesn't apply to them as I work from home it's OK to disturb me :lol:

I'm not so sure a sign will work, if you have people inconsiderate enough to regularly turn up early knowing last time they did it you still had a client in the chair and had to see them out, then those people are not likely to consider a sign applies to them :irked:

You'd be better off having a chat personally whilst doing their treatment, preferably just as they are leaving so they can think it over once they've left. I know it's hard to word sometimes but you would want your therapist to tell you if you were causing a problem wouldn't you?

I have a similar problem with my home salon but I nipped it early and most people are polite enough to wait until their appointment time now although there always those who think it doesn't apply to them as I work from home it's OK to disturb me :lol:

I see your point Trin and most regulars are considerate of this but I'm getting on average about 3-5 new clients per week, so a sign would be a help to start off with

x

I like that but it may stop clients or whoever ringing the bell at all thinknig they are disturbing me (if u know what i mean)

x

but assuming you finish on time, when you show your last client out would you see your next client waiting? Then it could just be a case of needing two minutes to set up the room again.
Sorry i am imagining a drive way but that might not be the case ? x

On some occasions it may suit you to have a client turn up early say if your previous client cancelled / no show. So a sign that you could turn round saying something appropiate on each side may be useful, a please do not disturb treatment in progress one side and please ring for assistance the other -just a suggestion :)

Exactly my dilemma, i did a thread on this last month i think, if you can find it have a look at it Think it was called "home salon - appointment timing" or something..

1) I have thought of letting them sit in the hall - TRUST ISSUES

2) Tell them on booking they must turn up as close to the time as possible, as there is no reception room and they may have to wait outside till i call them in - RAINING AND NO CAR???

3) at certain times my partner will be in so i can let them in to wait it hallway on a chair.

4) A bench outside - AGAIN BAD WEATHER?

A sign is a good, but you must remember to turn it around or youll confuse the clients lol

I used to have one when i had a beauty room in a gym, there was a reception area and everything locked away, so they had somewhere warm and comfortable to wait, but i still had a sign saying, " i am with a client, please take a seat and i will be when the appoitment is finished, if you do not have an appointment, please leave me a message on the notepad and i will gladly call you back"

Having a home salon is totally different, i think the fact i have no reception is quite bad actually it will no doubt cause some confused frequently but you can try your best and reduce the bother of it.

Tell them on phone the way your system works, pointing out they may have to wait if they are early.
Regulars will learn the deal.
On the appointment card, write your little "bumpf" about turning up early or late.
Sign on the door - If you have an appointment please ring the bell once and wait. I will be with you promptly once finished my previous client. Thank you.

Just realised i cant put up a sign as i have patterned glass on my front door :-( bummer.

Also are you paying business rates? They will know your running a business with signs.

Hey Wendy I had the same problem myself with clients turning up early and thought of the sign idea however I wasn't really keen on it, so I bite the bullet and book 10 or 15 minutes on the end of a treatment, I don't do it with all of them as I pick and choose but I do it a lot.

I know I'm losing 15 minutes here and there and it builds up BUT I don't get the problem much at all now, if at all. I can use the time to take payment, talk about promotions, sell products etc etc I've found I'm not pushing people out of the door and I'm giving them a much better customer service.

If I need to I cancel out the 15 minutes if I want to squeeze someone in. You will find that as we work alone it's not a problem. I use an online booking system called Appointment-Diary.com - Online Appointment Diary and Scheduling Software I have found this a massive help and by the look of your fabulous web site it would complement your business as much as it has mine!

Hope this helps x

Latest posts

Back