Silver shampoo

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missy G

Reaction score
Hi Ive brought some Schwarzkopt silver shampoo from Sallys, to remove some of my brassy highlights ,as recommended by my hairdresser.

I just wanted to know how often can I use it ,every time I wash my hair or just now and again, and will it hurt if I leave it on for a couple of minutes.Thanx :confused:.

i wouldnt use it all the time just every now and again to brighten your highlights :) read the manifacturers instructions and see what they reccommend...but i usually leave mine on for a min or 2 but just watch it incase it leaves a purple/blu tone to your hair

Thanks , it does say to only leave in if youve grey hair, but Ive just done a search too on here on silver shampoos and some say they leave theirs in , but best follow the manufacturers instructions ah.:)

As to how often you can use it , it doesnt say, but I was thinking on the lines of using it every now and again.

i used to use it once a week and it seemed to work, hth

Yes thankyou, I ll stick to that then , must say I was a bit worried when I first used it was worried my hair was going to turn out purple.:lol:

well i use the Matrix silver shampoo and ive got platinum blonde hair and i dont even have to leave it on my hair for a min lol...i only use it as and when i need to brighten my hair up when it starts going abit yellow/brassy

well i use the Matrix silver shampoo and ive got platinum blonde hair and i dont even have to leave it on my hair for a min lol...i only use it as and when i need to brighten my hair up when it starts going abit yellow/brassy
ive got this too and my hair is sort of an ashy blonde and i didnt feel it made any difference to my hair.ive also got the matrix conditioner but i dont use them together.
i use to go brassy alot and tried different silver shampoos but i dont feel any of them worked my hair isnt so bad now as i got my hairdresser to make me a lighter blonde instead.x

ive got this too and my hair is sort of an ashy blonde and i didnt feel it made any difference to my hair.ive also got the matrix conditioner but i dont use them together.
i use to go brassy alot and tried different silver shampoos but i dont feel any of them worked my hair isnt so bad now as i got my hairdresser to make me a lighter blonde instead.x

was you leaving it on long enough? it works for me it makes my hair really white with ash tones in

was you leaving it on long enough? it works for me it makes my hair really white with ash tones in
yeah im sure i was leaving it on for slightly longer than it said on the bottle. i usually wash my hair with it then rinse staright away and then repeat but leave it on the second time.is this what you do?x

I use the Matrix blue shampoo when my roots need doing. It makes a huge difference! It just gives a lovely glimmer to your hair.

Leave it on for a couple of mins. I have seen a few people with purple patches in their hair. I think it depends on the porosity of your hair ie the more porous, the less time you should leave it on.

Where abouts can I buy Matrix shampoo from please for in the future ?

I get it from Aston and Fincher but I'm sure Ellisons, possibly Sally's will do it too.

the schwarzkopf shampoo is brilliant!

i use it every night, and rinse it off after i lather it,

if your hair is brassy i would say you can leave it on for the length of your shower, my friend leaves it on for hours at a time becasue she forgets about it!

:)

one that really makes a difference is redken pure pearl conditioner, fantastic stuff we use a lot in the salon

Indola silver shampoo is brilliant.

The darker (more inky) in colour, the more effective it is.

U can leave it on for ages but you may get a bit of a blue tone, but that will wash out in the next wash

i would reccomend just using it once a week! otherwise yourl find your hair gets a blue/grey tinge to it!! i use loreal professional silver shampoo works a treat!!x:)

I'm not a hairdresser but had beautiful platinum blonde hair, really soft and shiny too, thanks to the Redken conditioner jrobinson recommends, I heartily second the rec! (I'm a redhead now, that's why I use past tense!)

Latest posts

Back