Sim Air tc2000

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tracey louise

Reaction score
hi im a nail technician and ive been offered a tc2000 sim air,air compressor and airbrush with some paints and stencils for £70 would you geeks say that was a good price? i dont know alot about the compressors and stuff so im not really sure.so i would be greatful for any advice.thanks:)

just bumping this up as ive not had any replies yet.:)

Not sure hun as i don't use one but why don't you have a look for them on ebay and see how much they usually sell for hth

Depends on the condition....what airbrush it has, how many paints really. For instance, brand new models with an airbrush as shown in the first link, come in at about £250

http://www.graphicsdirect.co.uk/products/63/Complete-TC2000-Airbrush-Kit.htm

Whilst you can pick up an secondhand older model on ebay for less than £50...then add the bits you want

sim air compresser tc 2000 on eBay, also, Air Tools Compressors, Garage Equipment Tools, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 10-Dec-07 14:07:48 GMT)

My honest rule of thumb when it comes to compressors and the like is, if you know where its coming from and can be sure of the condition, then secondhand is probably OK, and dependant on what your getting with it....£70 isn't bad (not a fantastic deal but not bad), but I personally wouldn't give myself the headache that could come with an old model that you have no history for.

Likewise, it depends on your requirements...if you are looking for something to play with, get used to, and see how you you get on before investing a lot of money in new, then its not a bad idea, but I wouldn't be buying something that was business critical that is secondhand and you are not assured of the condition.

Depends on the condition....what airbrush it has, how many paints really. For instance, brand new models with an airbrush as shown in the first link, come in at about £250

http://www.graphicsdirect.co.uk/products/63/Complete-TC2000-Airbrush-Kit.htm

Whilst you can pick up an secondhand older model on ebay for less than £50...then add the bits you want

sim air compresser tc 2000 on eBay, also, Air Tools Compressors, Garage Equipment Tools, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 10-Dec-07 14:07:48 GMT)

My honest rule of thumb when it comes to compressors and the like is, if you know where its coming from and can be sure of the condition, then secondhand is probably OK, and dependant on what your getting with it....£70 isn't bad (not a fantastic deal but not bad), but I personally wouldn't give myself the headache that could come with an old model that you have no history for.

Likewise, it depends on your requirements...if you are looking for something to play with, get used to, and see how you you get on before investing a lot of money in new, then its not a bad idea, but I wouldn't be buying something that was business critical that is secondhand and you are not assured of the condition.
thanks for the info.yes i am buying it just to try and see how i get on before i decide if want to actually invest in one.it does come with some paint and stencils and is in excellent condidtion.

yes its a very good offer. Simair compressors are good and their airbrushes. Mine cost me about 300 quid, but that was about 6 years ago.

yes its a very good offer. Simair compressors are good and their airbrushes. Mine cost me about 300 quid, but that was about 6 years ago.
thanks louise.i had heard of sim air before this but as im new to airbrushing i wanted to get some geeks opinions first.:)

hi im a nail technician and ive been offered a tc2000 sim air,air compressor and airbrush with some paints and stencils for £70 would you geeks say that was a good price? i dont know alot about the compressors and stuff so im not really sure.so i would be greatful for any advice.thanks:)

Hi, I used to use a sim air compressor, I'm not into salons nails or anything I was a graphic artist, I would say that the most important thing is that you need a compressor with a tank, so you get a constant airflow, if you just have a piston or even 2, you will get a pulse in the flow andf you do not want that on intricate work, my sim air was one with a tank but I don't knaw obout the tc 2000, pitty I just sold mine on ebay for £35 but it was 25 years old but still in perfect working order, so they are a good make

Latest posts

Back