Similar Vinylux colour to OPI polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claire83

Reaction score
For those that have majority (if not all) of the Vinylux polishes, can you advise what colour would be similar to OPI's Aphrodites Pink Nightie.

I have Shellac Strawberry Smoothie which is too pale but does have a similar shimmer to the OPI polish.

I painted my clients nails in this today, but want to offer some similar colours in Vinylux for the quick drying time.

Attachments

• 1372883031586.jpg
    1372883031586.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 515
For those that have majority (if not all) of the Vinylux polishes, can you advise what colour would be similar to OPI's Aphrodites Pink Nightie.

I have Shellac Strawberry Smoothie which is too pale but does have a similar shimmer to the OPI polish.

I painted my clients nails in this today, but want to offer some similar colours in Vinylux for the quick drying time.

I am thinking RoseBud but it's more a cream than a shimmer and the OPI ones looks shimmery....:idea:

Rosebud with strawberry smoothie on top? Can you layer vinylux?

Rosebud isn't available in Vinylux....only Shellac :(

I would have said Strawberry smoothie is your best bet...but you've tried that.

Rosebud isn't available in Vinylux....only Shellac :(

I would have said Strawberry smoothie is your best bet...but you've tried that.

So it's not silly me

Assuming you can layer Vinylux why not try lobster roll under strawberry smoothie or pink bikini under strawberry smoothie.

I am familiar with OPI aphrodite pink nightie (a fave with a couple of my ladies) and i feel it has a slight peach coral tone so maybe lobster roll with strawberry smoothie may give you more depth and the slight peach coral effect.

this may be helpful :idea: I don't have many Vinylux colours personally but this is what i would try to see how it works

:biggrin: x

Gotcha which strawberry smoothie over might work! Two coats of gotcha then one of SS!

Thank you for all the suggestions, looks like I'm going to be buying some more Vinylux soon. I don't have a huge collection at the minute, so it's a good enough excuse! :lol:

I was under the impression that vinylux doesn't layer like shellac does. The only one that works is grapefruit sparkle over another colour.

ETA: hopefully someone will read this and clarify if it can be layered as I've just read the threads and can't find where I read it couldn't be layered!

Last edited:
You can try layers whether will work depends on the polish colours, but also you can mix vinylux together my educator told me so you could try mixing 2 together and making a colour, buy a bottle to store it in just make sure you write down your mix so can do it again. Just an idea

Latest posts

Back